Club Day at Torq 4WD at Hillcrest - December 8 2012
17-12-2011, 07:24 PM,
Club Day at Torq 4WD at Hillcrest - December 8 2012
Hi guys there is a relativaly new 4wd shop open ion hillcrest. 2 brothers are running it in the spare time at the moment until they build it up big enough to give up their day jobs and do it full time.

what they have is an on line shop and fully equip work shop to do all of their fitting in.

i have personnelly met them and introduced them to the members of the nissan patrol forum and was wondering if the members from river city would like to meet them???? maybe i could organise a presentation from them at one of our meetings or see if we can have a meeting at their work shop and have them do the presentation their

just thought i would throw this out there before i mention it to them

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.torq4x4.com.au/">http://www.torq4x4.com.au/</a><!-- m -->

this is there web site let me know what you think and if you want to take it further i will have a chat to them
18-12-2011, 01:44 AM,
Re: new 4wd shop in hill crest
Hi Adrian

I have just sent a quote request for a long range tank, also asked about getting them to a meeting or us to the workshop one weekend, will see how that goes.

Thanks for placing this on the forum, this is what the forum is all about!
19-12-2011, 09:18 PM,
TroopiePete Wrote:Hi Adrian

I have just sent a quote request for a long range tank, also asked about getting them to a meeting or us to the workshop one weekend, will see how that goes.

Thanks for placing this on the forum, this is what the forum is all about!

not a problem peter feel free to use my name when talking to them. i used to do this sort of thing for the clubs in sydney get them in with shops etc working with them usually got good discounts for club and memebers. just a thought.
19-12-2011, 11:13 PM,
So um :roll:

We don't currently have a position for this but I never try to let an opportunity pass by Wink

side note:
I was speaking to Glenn Hadden (Hasbeen) from Roo Systems at this years 4WD show, he indicated that a visit to our club could be organised by him..
Given that he is also a 4WD Action DVD man it could be a good draw card for the meeting, I may also have a few others, you are welcome to take the organising of this well and truly off my hands.... please :oops:
20-12-2011, 08:45 PM,
TroopiePete Wrote:So um :roll:

We don't currently have a position for this but I never try to let an opportunity pass by Wink

side note:
I was speaking to Glenn Hadden (Hasbeen) from Roo Systems at this years 4WD show, he indicated that a visit to our club could be organised by him..
Given that he is also a 4WD Action DVD man it could be a good draw card for the meeting, I may also have a few others, you are welcome to take the organising of this well and truly off my hands.... please :oops:

but you are doing such a good job peter,,,, if it aint broke dont fix it LMAO
16-09-2012, 05:31 PM,
At this moment, we River City will have a Saturday afternoon with the boys from Torq 4x4 in November. Date to be decided upon. As it goes for them Dave and Murray are both working the shop fulltime and open Monday to Friday and Saturday morning. They are in the final stages of their new showroom.

What we have planned thus far is:
Lunch (BBQ) provided by Torq 4X4.
A presentation of what they have to offer.
A run down on what you should and don't really need, but may want to have for extended trips like the cape.
The offer to put a couple of vehicles on the hoist and show you what you should be looking at/doing for pre trip/on trip/ and post trip preparation.
A flex ramp for those that want to see what they've got.

Any other suggestions that you want to make. It will be a great afternoon with a couple of great blokes that are like us 4 wheel drivers. And they understand that we all have a budget.

This will not be a high pressure sales pitch. I have actually walked in there to buy something and been told that I don't really need it and left with nothing.
16-09-2012, 07:06 PM,
Cool let us all know the dates soon as possible,
Just hope i will not be working although we usually finish around 2pm Saturdays..
19-09-2012, 08:41 AM,
Re: Club Day at Torq 4WD at Hillcrest in November
Apologies to Adrian, I changed the title of the post to better reflect what we are going to do with Torq4WD in November. Date to be set.
19-09-2012, 09:05 AM,
Sounds very interesting - would be keen for a look.
12-10-2012, 05:50 PM,
We did set a date for this in November, but we have the track work at Sundown and clean up on Moreton that same weekend. Will move it to early December or late January, whatever happens it will happen, Dave and Murray are keen to get us down there and show us what they can offer.
15-11-2012, 08:16 PM,
Re: Club Day at Torq 4WD at Hillcrest on 8 December 2012
Saturday 8 December 2012 from 11.00am

Torq 4x4 are located at shop 3/ 82 Johnson Road, Hillcrest. There is a tyre place (All About Tyres and Wheels) at the front of the business. Drive down the lane way on the left and then drive throough the shed where there is ample parking out the back.

Landmarks are Hudson Timber on the left and Caltex Woolworths at the top of the hill.

A link to their website <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.torq4x4.com.au/">http://www.torq4x4.com.au/</a><!-- m -->
Some of you may recognise the green machine in the doorway.

What we have planned thus far is:
Lunch (BBQ) provided by Torq 4X4.
A presentation of what they have to offer, a look through there new showroom and there workshop.
A run down on what you should and don't really need, but may want to have for extended trips like the cape.
The offer to put a couple of vehicles on the hoist and show you what you should be looking at/doing for pre trip/on trip/ and post trip preparation.
A flex ramp for those that want to see what they've got.

Any other suggestions that you want to make. It will be a great afternoon with a couple of great blokes that are like us 4 wheel drivers. And they understand that we all have a budget.

Numbers please, the boys are putting on the tucker and numbers are required for catering no later than Wednesday 5 December.
15-11-2012, 08:28 PM,
Count one for us thanks D
15-11-2012, 10:00 PM,
Unfortunately I will be working until 2:10pm :cry:
I may drop over on the way home if you guys are still there at that stage.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pets on Club Trips and events sirlezz 6 17,689 04-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Last Post: daggy
  December meeting Weatherman 0 4,380 08-12-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Weatherman
  2014 March Wed 12th - Club Meeting Reminder troopiepete 1 7,567 12-03-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Weatherman
  Hema Map Sale 11 December 2013 daggy 0 4,882 06-12-2013, 08:16 PM
  Club Logo - update May24 2013 troopiepete 10 25,897 27-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  CLUB SHIRTS - ORDER NOW - FOR APRIL 2013 DELIVERY daggy 19 43,800 09-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: ross and cher
  Emails sent to the club - North Straddie Clean Up troopiepete 0 5,310 28-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  Club info card troopiepete 10 25,219 12-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Shazz
  Open Day 8 December 2012 - Torq 4X4 daggy 10 23,464 09-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Last Post: ross and cher
  Comments - New club polo shirts daggy 0 4,916 04-10-2012, 09:30 PM