hekarewe gets more traction
10-03-2012, 05:28 PM,
hekarewe gets more traction
just spent a fun filled day with the guys from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Torque4x4.com.au">www.Torque4x4.com.au</a><!-- w --> getting my front lokka fitted and re enforcing rings fitted to the auto hubs also had my 3G ariel fitted now as well will be giving them a good work out when i get down south over easter.

will be giving them a test run through the beerrburrum SF tomorrow if anyone wants to join me,,, it will not be a club trip and i will there with a group from the patrol forum ring me on 07 34705122 or 0411 966822 i am sure you'll be more then welcome
11-03-2012, 08:42 PM,
Re: hekarewe gets more traction
well headed out to glass house mountian to day where i tried out my new front lokka,,,,,,,,, it was f^%$*^in awesume!!! Sharon came along as a passanger for the day with me unfortunatly i dont have any pics of my truck climbing but i do pics of others doing the same climbs so will throw up a coulpe of those hopefuly some of the guys i was out with will send me a few of mine in action so i can fare them on here

Attached Files
.jpg   glass house mountains 110312 136.JPG (Size: 131.92 KB / Downloads: 350)
.jpg   glass house mountains 110312 256.JPG (Size: 97.92 KB / Downloads: 416)
.jpg   glass house mountains 110312 267.JPG (Size: 97.34 KB / Downloads: 429)
11-03-2012, 08:47 PM,
Good to see you are out having fun!

Yep got to use my rear locker a few times over the past week, mainly for stability in mud but always good to know it's there.
15-03-2012, 09:30 PM,
just thought i would throw up a couple of links to vidio clips the first is the difference between lokkas and non lokkas

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/RGckf9lvjDc">http://youtu.be/RGckf9lvjDc</a><!-- m -->

next is a short rock climb

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/oV59QaFs5aQ">http://youtu.be/oV59QaFs5aQ</a><!-- m -->

hope you all enjoy them

forgot to mention this is from last sunday in glass house mountains
15-03-2012, 09:32 PM,
Question,

The locka you got is it an Auto locka - hence no switching it on or is manually switched - Electric or Air like the ARB units I have ?
15-03-2012, 09:35 PM,
TroopiePete Wrote:Question,

The locka you got is it an Auto locka - hence no switching it on or is manually switched - Electric or Air like the ARB units I have ?

auto lokka from 4wd systems in SA call a goanna lokka copy of the lock right auto lokka works really well and allows easy steering as well
16-03-2012, 07:45 AM,
hekarewe Wrote:auto lokka from 4wd systems in SA call a goanna lokka copy of the lock right auto lokka works really well and allows easy steering as well

Is yours quiet on the road Adrian?
I've heard the 'lock right' can be a little noisy on the bitumen. Don't know if it's true, would be good to get it straight from someone who has one.

Mick
16-03-2012, 10:27 AM,
I have never owned an auto locker but people that I have spoken to either seems to love them or hate them, I guess it depends on you expectations.
The Troopy has ARB Air lockers front and rear and I know if the front is engaged you can forget about steering as the darn thing just keeps going in a straight line!

Out at Sundown NP when first getting accustom to them I was heading down a steep hill straight for a tree, had both front and rear engaged as it was all lose rock sliding down the tree was getting closer and closer and no matter what I did I could not steer away from it - that was until I switched off the front locker, straight away I was able to power out of the trees path and continue down the hill... if it had been an Auto locker I am not sure what would have happened?
16-03-2012, 04:42 PM,
onall4 Wrote:
hekarewe Wrote:auto lokka from 4wd systems in SA call a goanna lokka copy of the lock right auto lokka works really well and allows easy steering as well

Is yours quiet on the road Adrian?
I've heard the 'lock right' can be a little noisy on the bitumen. Don't know if it's true, would be good to get it straight from someone who has one.

Mick

in a part time 4wd as in the patrol,, if the front diff is disengaged and the front hubs are unlocked then the front drive shaft and front diff center do not move when driving. if there is noise driving on road in 2wd then the front diff and lokka are engage.

mine has only been in since last sarturday,,, and a part fron the noise when we tested it on the hoist by hand it has been totaly silent even when climbing and tturning when locked not a sound.

dont know what it would do in a constant 4wd vehicle. be inclined to go for something different for them. like an air lokka.
16-03-2012, 04:45 PM,
TroopiePete Wrote:I have never owned an auto locker but people that I have spoken to either seems to love them or hate them, I guess it depends on you expectations.
The Troopy has ARB Air lockers front and rear and I know if the front is engaged you can forget about steering as the darn thing just keeps going in a straight line!

Out at Sundown NP when first getting accustom to them I was heading down a steep hill straight for a tree, had both front and rear engaged as it was all lose rock sliding down the tree was getting closer and closer and no matter what I did I could not steer away from it - that was until I switched off the front locker, straight away I was able to power out of the trees path and continue down the hill... if it had been an Auto locker I am not sure what would have happened?

the auto lokka i got is designed to release when you turn the steering wheel it releases long enough to turn then re engages steering is a little heavier but it is minimal very supprised how well they worked when manuvering during climbs released enough to turn with out loosing traction unreal!!!
16-03-2012, 08:08 PM,
i had a lock right in my last cruiser from 4fw systems SA .i initially fitted it on the rear the problem was going around corners on roads it clunked and clunked even worse on round abouts .I removed it and fitted a arb unit .I then fitted this same lock right in my front diff ,there is no doubt that these unit work but the problem then was when you engaged the rear arb locker the lock right made the cruiser extremely hard to steer .I also found that driving like in the simpson desert with front hubs engaged locked and in 4wd the cruiser would put hard to left or right as the front lockright would constantly engage and disengage to gain traction, I remove and sold it and fitted another arb . Now i only need to to push a button if i need to and would never go back to a lockka or lockright. every one has there own opion on this subject

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Loss of Traction johnnyn 3 9,435 10-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: troopiepete