SMEV gas cooker in camper trailer
12-06-2012, 06:31 PM,
SMEV gas cooker in camper trailer
Hi all, vonc13 here, also known as Yvonne Hall, I live in Bundaberg and am married to Trevor.
Some of you met us on the other trip to the Simpson (2010).
We have brought a camper trailer with a SMEV gas 2 ring cooker. Model is 8000 2 series.
For those of you with camper trailers what is your cooker and how long does it take to boil 1 litre of water?
Not sure if ours is a dud or works as it should, pretty disappointed in it.
12-06-2012, 07:30 PM,
Re: SMEV gas cooker in camper trailer
ummm good question i have a 4 burner in my Johno's camper but no idea what brand it is lol

as for boiling water i find it depends how cold the water is and how cold the air is if its windy etc etc usually about 10 minits or so on average to boil a full kettle on mine.

hope this helps a little
16-06-2012, 07:09 PM,
Hi Von,

It is possible you have the wrong jets or regulator for this stove.
Is it running from a standard LPG Gas bottle or cans?
17-06-2012, 07:23 PM,
Have tried taking it out of the camper and running direct from gas bottle, no different. Have tried with a different regulator as well. The gas flame itself is very short, doesn't surround the base of the pot, just reaches it in the centre. It is a blue flame but very short, have tried in the shed with no wind, nice temp etc. Takes 15mins to boil 1 litre of water in a pot, wondered if it was "normal" for this model because the portable coleman and the little butane ones take 5 mins. If it's normal will toss it but if not will replace it, want to know because talking $400.
17-06-2012, 08:31 PM,
That's not very good sounds like the jets are either the wrong size or it's simply a Dud!
If you cannot find a way to replace the jet maybe Trev could try drilling it out - will need a number drill - hence very small
Sometimes if you able to unscrew the jet you can take it to a Gas shop and get them to supply you with a different (larger) size - basically a larger hole so more gas comes out - if you cannot work this out then maybe I could have a look - worst I can do is turn it into a Furnace :oops:
05-07-2012, 09:15 PM,
Have found out is typical of the model - that is normal, so brought a new cooker, did some minor mods and solved the problem. Tongue
Thanks for your responses guys.

Vonc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camper trailer Time bandit 2 8,337 06-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Last Post: ross and cher
  Camper For sale - Sold! troopiepete 0 4,376 14-09-2011, 11:20 PM
Last Post: troopiepete