janowen hills camp
14-07-2012, 03:46 PM,
janowen hills camp
28-29 July 2013

this weekend has been put aside for the above 4wd park.

trip leader is required for this weekend

requirements will be camping kit and supplies for weekend
full recovery kit
fire wood
dress warm it will be a cold one
14-07-2012, 06:16 PM,
Re: janowen hills camp
Adrian

I would like to come along to this and see how the club goes on an outing. I attended the meeting on Wednesday and was quite impressed with what went on. What is the chance of me only doing the Saturday as I have other commitments on the Sunday and of course my roster permitting me the weekend off. This far out I should be able to get a request in. Regards.

Darryl
14-07-2012, 07:00 PM,
i dont see that being a problem at all mate just watch the forum for up dates and info on meeting pionts and time etc
14-07-2012, 08:59 PM,
daggy Wrote:Adrian

I would like to come along to this and see how the club goes on an outing. I attended the meeting on Wednesday and was quite impressed with what went on. What is the chance of me only doing the Saturday as I have other commitments on the Sunday and of course my roster permitting me the weekend off. This far out I should be able to get a request in. Regards.

Darryl

Hi Darryl

I am pleased you liked the ... um meeting :o ... if that's what you call it :lol:
No Problems at all you coming along for the day, you can even stay till late if you wish to enjoy some of the campfire talk, we may have to look at doing a Camp oven meal.. ideas anyone :roll:

The General requirements regarding trips is that you provide your own recovery gear, have recovery points and a working UHF CB Radio, we currently use Ch 28 but this changes depending on the location.
You are welcome to join us as a visitor to Two trips before we ask you to join the club, but you are welcome to do this anytime Big Grin
15-07-2012, 08:53 AM,
Hello Peoples

my wife (glenda) has given me the OK

As some of you know I have time on my hands put I am hoping that will change one day soon

Anyway whilst heading home to the east after the tri trip we cruised through Oakey

I saw a sign to the Army aviation meseum which is a place that I have wanted to visit for sometime
So this brings up an invitation to anyone who may wish to join me on the friday and drive up through Toowoomba onto Oakey and run south east to Pittsworth onto Warwick stopping at the big Caltex for a feed for tea and back tracking to Cunninghams gap road and into the park arriving just after dark

Johnny
15-07-2012, 08:19 PM,
My daughter and I are looking to go friday from the coast just straight over the range if anyone else is going that day,, my campoven cooking is pretty basic meat vegies and spudds,,
17-07-2012, 09:26 AM,
Hopefully it will be a dry weekend janoween is real greasy in the wet, due to work committments sunday we might have to leave at midday hence the reason to go down early friday morning and setup with 2 of my kids,,
17-07-2012, 04:24 PM,
Must admit thinking of headding up Friday also and making a long weekend out of it
17-07-2012, 06:45 PM,
I'll try to make it to this one.

It's a nice park (from what I saw last visit)

I haven't had the chance to attend any outings for a while due to work, so I'll try to make it alongSmile

Cheers
matt
17-07-2012, 07:35 PM,
thought i better throw this up so you all know you need and how much to bring etc etc

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondhosting.com/products.htm">http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondhosti ... oducts.htm</a><!-- m -->
18-07-2012, 09:10 AM,
Hello Once Again

I am going up AM friday
However my travells include a visit to the army Aviation meseum out at Oakey then back roads running south through Pittsworth to Warwick with a stop over there at a roadhouse for a feed and then down through the Gap to the park arriving about sunset

Anyone interested in joining me on my friday run just let me know as you will be most welcome

Johnny
18-07-2012, 07:54 PM,
Sorry can't make this one.
Have to find some $$$$ to replace both rear shocks. One's leaking oil over the driveway.
19-07-2012, 08:18 PM,
Hello all, I am thinking that Ping and I will attend this trip. But I think it will only be saturday and stay awhile around someones fire....... Ping is still away overseas......so until she gets back (next wdnesday), it is still a probable.......Will talk to nathan and see if he is coming also......best regards Allan
22-07-2012, 04:44 PM,
Wendy and i well be there, going to try and get there late friday, early evening. If not is there a meeting point and time on saturday morning?
25-07-2012, 01:40 PM,
The General requirements regarding trips is that you provide your own recovery gear, have recovery points and a working UHF CB Radio, we currently use Ch 28 but this changes depending on the location.

Hi

I have my own recovery gear and UHF radio, rear recovery point but only standard Nissan recovery points on the front, I have to wait two weeks for the front points to come into stock. Due to this do I not qualify for the trip?, if so I'll aim for landcruiser park.
Regards
Darryl
25-07-2012, 02:58 PM,
Nissans dont need recovery points on the front,,he he Big Grin
25-07-2012, 07:43 PM,
It's just about time to start thinking about the trip - work has finished for the week for me :-)

Originally I was looking at heading up Friday but other commitments at home will see me now doing this on Saturday Morning..
So Meeting time and place!

Meet up for Trip:
Last service station on the Right hand side of Aratula on the Cunningham Highway
Meeting time 7:00am Departing at 7:30am

Aratula is roughly 88Km - just over 1hr from my place in Algester.
So please allow enough time to get there, some of us will be having Breakfast at this location before departing.

Info from the Parks web site: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondhosting.com/products.htm">http://janowenhills4wdpark.bigpondhosti ... oducts.htm</a><!-- m -->
Camping Fees as of 1st July 2012

Adults :- $9.50 per night per person
Children (5 - 15 Yrs) :- $7.00 per night per person
Children (under 5 Yrs) :- No charge

YOU ONLY PAY 4WD FEES IF YOU DRIVE ON THE 4WD TRACKS.
IF YOU ARE CAMPING ONLY, NO 4WD FEES ARE PAYABLE.

Four Wheel Drive Fees if you are camping over and four wheel driving.
Day 1 to Day 8 Inclusive only $25 per vehicle

If you camp over for more than one day but less than eight, we only charge a TOTAL $25 for the 4wd fees for that period.
Standard camping fees apply for every day you camp over.

FAMILY SPECIAL:- If you are four wheel driving and camping for the weekend you will only pay normal
camping fees for the first two children (5-15yrs), any additional children will be free.

This Family Special does not apply if you are camping only.
4WD Fees:- Day Trips Only. $25 per vehicle per day.

NOTE:- Camping fees apply per person only.
Four wheel drive fees apply per vehicle only.
(Buddy system applies - Minimum of two (2) vehicles on 4wd tracks)
Number of passengers not to exceed the registered seating capacity of the vehicle.
There are no 4wd fees payable on tow vehicles provided the vehicle doesn't leave the

camping grounds.
There is a 2wd fee of $15 for day visitors. If camping over there is no 2wd fee.
Septic toilets and hot showers on site. Rubbish bins also provided.
Showers require a token for operation, which may be purchased from the shop.
1 Token gives 3 mins. operation. $1.00 each.

GROUP BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL
Prices subject to change without notice.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO ETPOS AVAILABLE AT JANOWEN HILLS 4WD PARK OR AT THE SHOP
30-07-2012, 07:32 PM,
That was a top weekend everyone,,,cold but fun,,will put up some pickys soon
30-07-2012, 08:50 PM,
Yep it was cold Confusedhock:
Who would have expected that in the hills :?

It was a fantastic weekend and I think all that attended had a good time Big Grin
I did not take any photo's but Steve did an has given me all of them, this is just a few...

Attached Files
.jpg   P7280070_resize.JPG (Size: 129.75 KB / Downloads: 2,061)
.jpg   P7280074_resize.JPG (Size: 218.14 KB / Downloads: 2,033)
.jpg   P7280079_resize.JPG (Size: 228.51 KB / Downloads: 2,030)
.jpg   P7280081_resize.JPG (Size: 213.58 KB / Downloads: 2,076)
.jpg   P7280082_resize.JPG (Size: 235.3 KB / Downloads: 2,046)
.jpg   P7280085_resize.JPG (Size: 173.76 KB / Downloads: 2,024)
.jpg   P7280102_resize.JPG (Size: 128.17 KB / Downloads: 2,065)
.jpg   P7280097_resize.JPG (Size: 131.2 KB / Downloads: 2,020)
.jpg   P7280093_resize.JPG (Size: 125.63 KB / Downloads: 2,064)
31-07-2012, 09:35 PM,
What a great day I had on Saturday, made my decision easy as to which club to join. Wished I could have stayed over Saturday night but when I woke in Brisbane in Sunday morning I knew that I haven't been fully winterised. On a side note my U12 rugby side won their first game for the season.
31-07-2012, 10:07 PM,
daggy Wrote:What a great day I had on Saturday, made my decision easy as to which club to join. Wished I could have stayed over Saturday night but when I woke in Brisbane in Sunday morning I knew that I haven't been fully winterised. On a side note my U12 rugby side won their first game for the season.

Yep winter was with us on Sunday morning - my wash up dish was almost frozen solid, Joe had a fry pan of solid ice!
The fire during the night made the cold bearable and helped the next morning..

Congrats on the U12 win, hope its a trend for you guys.

See you at the next meeting or outing.
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM,
frozen water in frying pan

Attached Files
.jpg   2012-07-29 08.21.04.jpg (Size: 689.26 KB / Downloads: 2,045)