UHF Hand Held Radios
30-07-2012, 11:38 PM,
UHF Hand Held Radios
Hi

I have noticed that some of you - most :lol: Don't have 80Ch Radios or hand helds...

Well have I got a deal for you :twisted:

For under $100 I can supply you with 4 to 5 Watt hand held radios that can be programmed (before delivery) with the new Australian 80ch CB frequencies,
Plus extra channels for receive or transmit if you have a license for them, this includes Ham Radio and Commercial..

If you are interested please let me know,
The current Price for supply works out to be $80 each.. please let me know as I want to order them soon.

Order to date:
1 x Allan
1 x Nathan
1 x Steve
1 x Grant

Total - 4
06-08-2012, 09:29 PM,
Re: UHF Hand Held Radios
HI PETE, Put Nathan and I down for one each of those hand helds please.
12-08-2012, 10:16 PM,
went and brought a uniden hand held a couple of months ago!!!!!! hynde sight yet again &^%(& if you can get the same in car mounted i could well be interested as the GME is still only 40 channel uhf unless of cause you know how to program it lol
13-08-2012, 09:20 PM,
hekarewe Wrote:went and brought a uniden hand held a couple of months ago!!!!!! hynde sight yet again &^%(& if you can get the same in car mounted i could well be interested as the GME is still only 40 channel uhf unless of cause you know how to program it lol

These are only hand held units and I am yet to find an in car unit but you can get a 12V power pack for it, add a hand held microphone and external antenna, both that the unit supports and you have something close to an in-car unit.

As for programming you GME the unit it's not just the extra channels, the new units have a narrow bandwidth to allow the extra channels to fit between the old ones.. complicated but basically if the unit was not designed to support it then it will not work.
13-08-2012, 11:11 PM,
TroopiePete Wrote:
hekarewe Wrote:went and brought a uniden hand held a couple of months ago!!!!!! hynde sight yet again &^%(& if you can get the same in car mounted i could well be interested as the GME is still only 40 channel uhf unless of cause you know how to program it lol

These are only hand held units and I am yet to find an in car unit but you can get a 12V power pack for it, add a hand held microphone and external antenna, both that the unit supports and you have something close to an in-car unit.

As for programming you GME the unit it's not just the extra channels, the new units have a narrow bandwidth to allow the extra channels to fit between the old ones.. complicated but basically if the unit was not designed to support it then it will not work.

bugger guess i will be up for a new unit for the trol soon then
19-08-2012, 07:30 PM,
The order has been placed, I will send bank details to those that asked for them soon, this is my deal not the club.
I have ordered two spares so if you missed the initial order you still have a chance.
25-08-2012, 11:39 AM,
Aldi have one in their next catalogue

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_23176.htm">http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_23176.htm</a><!-- m -->

Now if only I knew something about wiring it in ...
26-08-2012, 11:19 PM,
Yep someone told me about them, looks like they could be a good buy, guess time will tell.
Would be nice to know if they can be programmed for extra channels :-)
01-09-2012, 10:51 AM,
Hi Gang

The UHF Radios have arrived and have been programmed with the 80Ch UHF CB Channels and are ready for use.
I have purchased 6 of these radios, providing all that were asked for are purchased this leaves two spares so if you wish to purchase a 2nd unit or have a mate let me know.

Payment:
You can either pay me when you pick them up or let me know and I can send you the details to do a bank transfer.
I will not be at the next meeting as I will be working "stuffed up there - sorry!"

** Bonus
The Radios were sent with an earphone/microphone that can be used for hands free operation.
03-09-2012, 05:37 PM,
I'm home Tuesday pm so i'll catch up one afternoon befor you go to work. Is the price still the same with the extra's?
03-09-2012, 09:09 PM,
Weatherman Wrote:I'm home Tuesday pm so i'll catch up one afternoon befor you go to work. Is the price still the same with the extra's?

Hi Steve

Yep the Price is still $80 per radio.
Give me a call after 2pm as I should be up and around by that time.
02-12-2013, 08:52 PM,
It's been some time but I can still get the same Radios and just happen to have one sitting there waiting for an owner :-)
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM,
Ok Pete
Put Les down for one
03-12-2013, 10:03 PM,
I will have it at the next meeting..
28-01-2015, 07:16 PM,
RE: UHF Hand Held Radios
Hi! Australian DIGITECH DC1120. 80 UHF CB Channels . 80 UHF CB Channels. Compact size for under-dash mounting 140mm Wide x 140mm deep x 40mm high. Includes Channel 5 ( emergency frequency ).