Hema Navigator HN6 any thoughts
04-09-2012, 05:36 PM,
Hema Navigator HN6 any thoughts
Hey guys & girls I am thinking about purchasing a HN6 Hema gps has anyone got anything good or bad to say about the product any input would be greatly appreciated
Steve
05-09-2012, 07:15 PM,
Re: Hema Navigator HN6 any thoughts
I think it depends on your preference I've heard good and bad about the hema and vms
05-09-2012, 10:46 PM,
Tat2edking Wrote:Hey guys & girls I am thinking about purchasing a HN6 Hema gps has anyone got anything good or bad to say about the product any input would be greatly appreciated
Steve

Hi Steve

The Hema is a very good unit and comes loaded with heaps of maps, purchase these separately and you will certainly find the price for the unit is good.

On that note the Hema unit's main mapping software is a customised version of OziExplorer that is sold for many different units, it supports WinCE and Android operating systems but comes with no maps, these can get expensive.
05-09-2012, 11:39 PM,
The hema navigator is just a rebadged chinesse gps with hemas modifyed ozi software . At @$750 i reckon is to expensive expecially when it has a dull screen i would go for a brand name 7'' android tablet around $300 load oziexplorer on it for $25 dollar with lifetime updates and buy the hema raster maps on line and load them in.With the android you can run as many program by just hiting the icons for example you can toggle between street nav /ozi and play music not to mention you can make phone calls recieve emails (3g model)all at once and they have a must faster processor and a much bright quicker and more responsive higher resolution screen . I have a 7'' GALAXY Tab and a $380 7'' hema type gps side by side . the hema win ce type is no match to the android
06-09-2012, 08:58 AM,
Hi Joe

I have been meaning to ask you just how the Android units are working out, clearly quite well.
The next question would be what type and what should we be looking for, I ask this for both myself and a friend that wants to purchase one.
For myself would a unit like this be any good,
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Eroda-7-Android-4-0-GPS-Navigator-Tablet-PC-1-2Ghz-16Gb-Wifi-2-Cameras-/130748246415?pt=AU_Tablets&hash=item1e7133e98f">http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Eroda-7-Andr ... 1e7133e98f</a><!-- m -->

My friend is after a 10" or larger screen, but it must have a full GPS receiver capable of running independent of any phone network, many of the units I have been looking at don't clearly state this function, some indicate an external antenna may be needed...
Also I have been told that the internal memory capacity is important, to date I have had this issue with my previous HTC phone where it kept running out of memory space, my upgraded phone has heaps more internal memory and this problem seems to have been solved but the question is just how much, or how little should we consider sufficient.

I have been running Androzic on my phone, it's free but will not run all of the Ozi Maps, interested to know how it compares to the current release of OziExplorer for Android.
08-09-2012, 10:59 AM,
pete i set up a friends 10 galaxy tab with androzic and placed it in my cruiser. unless you can mount it a bit lower than the dash i found it blocks your view. That link looks good for the price and it appears to have a stiff mount .if possible go for the 1280x800 or 1280x720 screen as the 1024x600 on your linked unit is standard specs for a branded name 7 inch tablet i would buy one that also supported a sd card so you can load extra maps.aldi have some 10'' tabs this wed around $250 however these have screen res of 1024x600 but still will be much brighter that the china 7'' win ce model GPS ,external 3g means you plug your usb 3g stick into it but if you have wifi you can tether to your smartphone , yep im running latest oziexplorer android no probs however the licence is only good for this unit so you can't transfer it to another unit. As you know androzic is free but you need the pre released maps for them to work as des newman the software developer has encoded them only to work with oziexplorer . you with also be able to run street nav programs like IGO and update maps/poi yearly for free
13-09-2012, 12:00 AM,
Ill stay out of the opinion side of things.... but if you have any direct questions about the HN6 shoot them my way... or hit me up some time and I can show you mine.

(PS in case you dont know, I work for hema)
16-09-2012, 12:45 PM,
If you are still interested in a android tablet for navigation here is a great samsang 7'' tablet .This one dosnt have sim card for phone service but if you have any smart phone you can tether to it using wifi .It will run oziexplorer ,Igo or any android navigation with ease or use the free androzic navigation to run the ozi maps (pre 2011) has a much brighter resolution screen 1024x600 compared to 800x480 and the processor is twice the speed compared to the hema navigator, it is a quality unit ,you can buy a heavy duty 90mm windscreen mount with car charger ,cable and leather case on ebay to suit for about $15.00 .This is the link <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.techrific.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=3498&cPath=151#myshopping">http://www.techrific.com.au/product_inf ... myshopping</a><!-- m --> is free delivery and has 8GB internal + 32gb optional sd card memory. I see the hema hn6 advertised for $745 to $800 which is way over the top for a china made win 6CE Unit .many club members are running the 7" $100 ebay units similar to the hn6 and complain about the screen brightness
21-09-2012, 09:18 AM,
Thanks guys a bit of food for thought there my concern about the tablets is I was told at a dick smith outlet that the gps will not work if you cant get internet reception. Dont know if this is correct or not as I am barely computor literate. I think I would need to see one & how easy they are to use and download the appropriate maps & such that was why I was leaning towards the Hema Or VMS.
21-09-2012, 09:18 PM,
Tat2edking Wrote:Thanks guys a bit of food for thought there my concern about the tablets is I was told at a dick smith outlet that the gps will not work if you cant get internet reception. Dont know if this is correct or not as I am barely computor literate. I think I would need to see one & how easy they are to use and download the appropriate maps & such that was why I was leaning towards the Hema Or VMS.

This is true for some Android products, keep an eye for assisted GPS in the specs..
My original HTC Android phone sometimes had issues switching from Assisted to actual GPS, on our last trip it had us situated almost 170KM North west of our location, we were camped on a very tall hill in the middle of nowhere but had phone service, I worked out the location it had us at must have been the location of the phone tower as it was close to a small town and on the main highway to Longreach.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hema Map Sale 11 December 2013 daggy 0 6,007 06-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Last Post: daggy