This year several things have changed from last time

One of the major changes is that a payment must be made before you venture up

A decision must be made where we want to camp
But if some of us want to stay longer we must advise of this interest

Johnny

NEW 13 MAY 2013
The plan for the Fraser Island trip is this
;

For those heading up Thursday morning, we are meeting at the Etamogah Pub at 10.00am and heading up to Inskip Point and finding a campsite near the barge near the end of the bitumen near the carpark. For those that are travelling up Thursday night you will find us in this area, also call on channel 28.

We are heading over to the island on the first barge and then travelling up the beach until we find a suitable campsite within our designated area. We will pitch the club banner and drop off some gear. We are then heading for the cape and the lighthouse where we will stay for the night and return to base camp on Saturday morning.

If you are coming later or not interested in the cape, Johnny will be waiting at the Inskip Point RV until 8am and then travel over and remain with the camp until Saturday moring when he will return to Yurong where he will register the club for the cleanup.

There are no plans for the remainder of Saturday at this time, It was mentioned that the track from Orchid Beach to the western side of the island is open and may be worthwhile visiting.

Travelling on Thursday are
Darryl
Peter
Johnny
Jason

Thursday night
Steve and Wendy

Friday morning
Victor

Saturday morning
Marc and Laurence

If I have forgotten anyone, please add your name.
31-01-2013, 08:04 PM,
Re: The Fraser Cleanup
Quote:4WD Qld Fraser Island Clean Up - Expressions of Interest closing soon

Hello All,

Please remember that expressions of interest are due back to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> by 25th February 2013.

Please keep the below in mind when sending in your clubs EOI.

· Your club must be a financial member of 4WD Qld to participate in this event

· Each club will be designated a camp area (beach camping ONLY). If your club would like to use one of the designated Group Camping Areas at Central Station or Dundubara, please notify <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> before February 25th, 2013

· The event is only open to financial club members only. (This means only club members and their own children and No other family members or friends allowed.)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact myself on the below number or by return email.

Thank you and have a nice day

Jenni Laing

Public Relations
Four Wheel Drive Queensland

31-01-2013, 08:29 PM,
We will miss this one, mothers 80th, so am guessing my presence will be required, lol.
31-01-2013, 08:37 PM,
And the next meeting is Wednesday 13 February 2013, doors open 7pm for 7.30pm start.
02-02-2013, 03:26 PM,
Hi

Attached is the Forms sent to us from 4WDQ

Attached Files
.pdf   4WD Qld FICU Expressions of interest 20130111.pdf (Size: 139.7 KB / Downloads: 805)
.pdf   Eurong Resort Offer 4WD Qld FICU 20130111.pdf (Size: 100.86 KB / Downloads: 821)
19-02-2013, 07:36 AM,
Hello Comers

I was at the first of the committee meetings last night about the cleanup

It now has the name of fraser island clean up (FICU)

Several topic/issues were raised and still need working on

As details come to hand I will just keep adding the info to this

So stay tuned

Johnny
19-02-2013, 08:18 AM,
Hi Johnny
From memory we need rough numbers for this event. Put me down for 1 everyone else is working or school.
19-02-2013, 02:12 PM,
Yep put me down for Two - I will get someone to join me Wink

I have started a list of members who wish to come;
Some are not actual members yet but will be by the time it arrives.
poetic license on numbers so please let us know if it's different..

1 - Bennie x 1
2 - Peter R. x 2
3 - Johnny x 2
4 - David & Debbie x 2
5 - Jason & Jane x 2
6 - Darryl & Lvana x 2
7 - Merv & Margaret R. x 2
8 - Wade & Letitia x 2
9 - Troy x 2
Total 8 Cars - 15 People

Updated 22/2/13
23-02-2013, 10:58 AM,
Are there any more people considering coming to this. Put your name down and it will be registered. The organisers need to know for catering and may run a cull on numbers. We need to reply to 4WDQLD on Monday 25 February.
23-02-2013, 11:50 AM,
Letitia and I will put our name down Smile
23-02-2013, 09:55 PM,
Hey guys, put Troy Hayes down aswell.
24-02-2013, 02:48 PM,
Put Wendy and I down as a maybe, will know when the time gets closer if I'm working or not.

Cheers

Steve & Wendy.
25-02-2013, 07:21 PM,
Johnny has booked for 15 vehicles. 4WDQLD will have a look at numbers and see if they need to limit numbers at this time we have oversubscribed, which is better than under.
02-03-2013, 01:41 PM,
If it s still possible to join , we ll be minimum 2 , maximum 4 ( people , not car !)
03-03-2013, 09:24 AM,
Hi Marc, yes it is, as we over subscribed for the numbers going. 4WDQLD have been advised that Parks have limited the numbers and the clubs will need to give final numbers closer to the date.
The only thing with this trip is all vehicle and persons must be members of a club. For example my membership is myself, my wife and children. For this trip I can't take my parents or a mate.
03-03-2013, 09:16 PM,
Hi Daryl
The club subscription fee is covering only one person or the partner and children too ?
I did transfer yesterday but only for 25+5 , so pro-rata for January_march. Shall I do it twice or more with children ?

I ll update document at next meeting .
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM,
HI MARC, Your membership covers you, your partner and your children. Just to let you know. Welcome to the club,

best regards
Allan
04-03-2013, 10:38 AM,
Yep it includes your family until they start bringing there own cars

We may need to increase our projected numbers as a few mates may be joining us, from scouts,
Will sort that out soon.
08-03-2013, 12:53 PM,
Thanks for the answers !

See you on next wednesday !

cheers

Marc&lau
28-04-2013, 09:40 AM,
Fraser Cleanup
Greetings Fellow Comers

This is the first of several 'chunks of info' about this doo

So stay tunned as I will be loading up as I get informed

Firstly we need to know who is coming as we (the committee) need to know as it is a ranger request to allocated camp sites and work areas

Some info is
You will need to wear 'sensible work wear (sensible foot wear (not thongs closed in shoes) a long sleaved shirt gloves sunnies hat and a safety vissy safety vest (just $2 each at k-mart this week
A handy item would be a long pair of b-b-q tongs (it saves your back)

Also (as you know already) plenty of your drinking water

Also I would like to know your travelling situation (thursday night or friday morning or saturday morning

Some of us maybe going up pm Thursday or early am friday

But let us know so you will not be travelling alone

The assn will be putting on a feed/doo on the sunday night just to say thanks
There is food at the bakery or at Eurong resort

I personally would like to visit Kingfisher resort once just for a feed of the local caught whitting and also at least one breakfast at Eurong (say monday morno as we leave)

I with the possibility of Peter R will be at a meeting this Tuesday and no doubt a lot more info will surface and I will pass that on

Johnny
29-04-2013, 11:31 PM,
Re: Fraser Cleanup
Just to re-confirm that we are coming , both of us Laurence and I (Marc) and that we ll arrive on Saturday morning .
What time shall we be there ??

Cheers
Marc
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM,
Fraser Cleanup 02-05-2013
Hello Comers

Peter R (the Presy) and myself were at the committee meeting on Tuesday and we neeed to know who is comoing

So if you are can you lets us know ASAP as there is paperwork to do (by us ) and your passes both for the barge and camping need to be done

The barge fees are discounted down but need to be paid for in cash on the barge

Inregards to coming up there are three options

first
Some of us are cruising up pm Thursday and sleeping under the stars on the sand at Inskip so getting the first barge over on friday

second
To meet up Friday morning or afternoon or night either on the way up or at at inskip point

thirdly
To travel up on saturday mornning and meeting up somewhere or doing it solo

Us firsters will have the club banner set up on the beach as a marker to our camp site

I have requested a site but this is still to be confirmed and I will post it up once known

Another thing you are not allowed to bring in your on booze to the sunday night BBQ but can be bought from Eurong resort only

The rangers have demanded several restrictions
I will let you know them as I know them
But one that I know off is that if we are working along the beach we must be wearing bright vissy safety vests
more details to come

Once I receive your comers pack I will sent them on

So once again can you lets us know what your travelling arrangementws are and if anyone wants to meet and form a travelling group that will be fine

Johnny
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM,
Re: Fraser Cleanup 02-05-2013
Johnny

I'm in, and at this stage I'll be coming up on Thursday.

Darryl
02-05-2013, 04:21 PM,
Hi Johnny,

I'm also coming, at this stage we will be up thursday arvo.
03-05-2013, 10:31 AM,
Looks like i'll be home for this one so Wendy and I will be going and prob heading up Thursday late. I did put my name down on one off the earlyer post as a possible.

Steve & Wendy
04-05-2013, 12:40 AM,
Yep I too will be heading up Thursday - home on Monday night.

Can you also please include Voodoo + 1 (Stewart) - Member
I think there are enough places to fit him in but just to let you know he currently intends on attending.
12-05-2013, 09:13 PM,
The plan for the Fraser Island trip is this;

For those heading up Thursday morning, we are meeting at the Etamogah Pub at 10.00am and heading up to Inskip Point and finding a campsite near the barge near the end of the bitumen near the carpark. For those that are travelling up Thursday night you will find us in this area, also call on channel 28.

We are heading over to the island on the first barge and then travelling up the beach until we find a suitable campsite within our designated area. We will pitch the club banner and drop off some gear. We are then heading for the cape and the lighthouse where we will stay for the night and return to base camp on Saturday morning.

If you are coming later or not interested in the cape, Johnny will be waiting at the Inskip Point RV until 8am and then travel over and remain with the camp until Saturday moring when he will return to Yurong where he will register the club for the cleanup.

There are no plans for the remainder of Saturday at this time, It was mentioned that the track from Orchid Beach to the western side of the island is open and may be worthwhile visiting.

Travelling on Thursday are
Darryl
Peter
Johnny
Jason

Thursday night
Steve and Wendy
Wade and Letisha

Friday morning
Victor

Saturday morning
Marc and Laurence

If I have forgotten anyone, please add your name.
15-05-2013, 09:10 AM,
Re: The Fraser Cleanup info as of 14/5/13
Hello Comers

Read the info already listed

Some of us are going up Thursday some Friday and some Saturday

Just let me know when you are coming

Last night we had a committee meeting and some things to come out

there are now LOTS of exposed rocks
Hook point can only be rounded at 'dead low' but the inland road is now open again after road works have now been completed

We have been alocated the camp area WAHBA just north of the maheno

It was requested that our camp site be marked with our banner

For the cape goers Nglara rocks could be a problem (more details to come)

The thank you BBQ starts at 5-30pm at Eurong beach
your own booze cannot be brough in but can only be purchased from eurong resort (licenced premises)

No glass what ever to be brought in (safety concerns)

From noon sunday the yidney rocks resort are putting a freeby bbq lunch for use cleaners upers

If coming up late or are delayed you can catch up with me at the rego tent om am saturday at cornwalls break road just a little north of eurong resort

If any major dramas the cleanup organizer is Nola Chase (0427-196-804)
Only call her if a Major problem

the barge fees can only be paid by CASH only on the barge
$70 per vehicle and use one of the manta ray barges

If any questions/concerns just contact me

Johnny
15-05-2013, 07:09 PM,
Thanks for the dropping off the info johnny I will hopefully be going up on Thursday Smile
16-05-2013, 03:58 PM,
Re: Fraser Cleanup
marcfu Wrote:Just to re-confirm that we are coming , both of us Laurence and I (Marc) and that we ll arrive on Saturday morning .
What time shall we be there ??

Cheers
Marc

Hi Marc

Sorry for the delay in responding,
You should look at being at inskip for the barge as early as possible as high tide will be your undoing if your trip is delayed.
My only concern is that if you are traveling alone and not familiar with the island you may have some issues, not least being finding our camp.
As I am not familiar with your sand driving experience I will note a few things..
1 - Drop your tire pressures before trying to drive on the sand at inskip - most people go down to 20psi but this depends on what your road pressures are.
2 - Speed limits and road rules apply on the beach - keep an eye out for rocks and washouts - those waves come in really quick!

We are camping just past the Mahino Wreck, this is the next item after Eli Creek - watch what others are doing regarding crossing all of the Creeks on Fraser - many are quite deep but shallow near the surf.

Any further questions please ask.
17-05-2013, 09:02 PM,
Re: The Fraser Cleanup & hello Marc
Hello Marc

It is good that you are coming

I have read the notes about you coming up saturday solo

I also saw the advise about sand driving

If you hit the sand and fell concerned about sand driving do not be afraid to ask for help
we all had to learn how too

Another hint is to ask if you can travel with someone else

Now once you are mobile and thinking where we as a club will be
I will be at the registration tent (it will stand out) on the beach at Cornwalls Break rd which is just north of Eurong beach resort
I will be there from early am until about noon
If you really get held up our campsite is just north of the Maheno ship wreck just look for the river city club banner
This wreck is north of Happy Valley resort and past Eli Creek (be careful whilst crossing)

See you up there
Johnny mobile=0438-789-226
20-05-2013, 06:28 PM,
Hey everyone letitia and I will be heading up thursday after workSmile see you then
21-05-2013, 06:02 PM,
Hi guys, Wendy and I will be heading of around 6pm Thursday night to miss the work traffic and should be up there arund 9pm. We will be on Ch 28. looking forward to the trip as this is our first time to Fraser as I have grown up on straddie and done alot of time on Moreton aswell.

C u Thursday night.

Steve & Wendy
22-05-2013, 08:46 PM,
Here is the latest Fraser Island condition report issued by DERM or whatever they call themselves these days. This is the last report prior to traveling to the island.
[attachment=0]

Attached Files
.pdf   fraser-conditions-report.pdf (Size: 216.95 KB / Downloads: 769)
24-05-2013, 04:28 PM,
Please read the attached document,
It covers many of the things happening on the weekend and lists a few great prizes that you could win 8-)

Not sure about the rest of you but I am getting excited!!

Attached Files
.pdf   Pre Trip Report.pdf (Size: 101.95 KB / Downloads: 756)
26-05-2013, 11:53 AM,
We are too. Bring on thje sun.
26-05-2013, 08:07 PM,
Hello Campers
Here is a link to Elders long range forecast for Hervey Bay which covers Fraser. Bring your woollies and wet weather gear.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.eldersweather.com.au/qld/wide-bay-and-burnett/fraser-island">http://www.eldersweather.com.au/qld/wid ... ser-island</a><!-- m -->
27-05-2013, 03:27 AM,
Wet weather gear..

You do mean swimmers.. right ?

LOL apparently any day on Fraser is better than a fine day at work so I am keeping this in mind - but will bring some wet weather gear :o
27-05-2013, 08:26 AM,
Wet weather gear is like recovery gear, if you dont bring it you need it, if you bring it hopefully you wont use it.
29-05-2013, 02:08 PM,
What's the weather like, right now on Fraser Island. Look here, webcam at Ydney Rocks.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://webcams.bsch.au.com/fraser_island.html">http://webcams.bsch.au.com/fraser_island.html</a><!-- m -->
03-06-2013, 08:39 PM,
All home and many photo's and reports to come,
I have started a new thread to make it easier to see how we did..

Please click <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=418">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=418</a><!-- l -->
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fraser Island Clean Up FICU 10-13 May 2019 sirlezz 11 18,702 25-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Last Post: sirlezz
  2019 Fraser Island Cleanup daggy 0 5,057 10-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: daggy
  20180519 Fraser Island Cleanup troopiepete 6 14,864 02-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Hdj78rv
  2107056-8 May Fraser Island Clean Up sirlezz 22 65,916 03-05-2017, 06:50 AM
  20160513 to 16th May - Fraser Cleanup 2016 troopiepete 36 115,657 23-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Weatherman
Rainbow 2015 - May 29-31 Fraser Island Cleanup COMPLETED sirlezz 47 167,977 01-07-2015, 11:22 AM
  Fraser Clean up 2015 COMPLETED Weatherman 0 6,871 30-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Weatherman
  2014 May - Fri 23-24-25 Fraser Cleanup COMPLETED troopiepete 30 104,729 07-06-2014, 09:58 AM
  Fraser Facts johnnyn 0 6,739 26-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Last Post: johnnyn
  Fraser Cleanup 2013 how it happend troopiepete 13 45,143 19-06-2013, 06:24 PM