Clean Up Australia Day - Beerburrum Forest, 3rd of March
13-02-2013, 09:19 PM,
Clean Up Australia Day - Beerburrum Forest, 3rd of March
For anybody interested.

Quote:CLEAN UP AUSTRALIA DAY - SUNDAY, 3 MARCH 2013 BEERBURRUM FOREST

The Beerburrum Forest is a great place for a great day out, whether it’s 4WDriving, trail bike riding, bush walking, picnicking etc . . . but illegal dumping and littering in the forest creates problems for everyone that visits.

HQPlantations and Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (EHP) would like to invite you, your members and friends to help us clean up the Beerburrum Forest on Sunday, 3 March 2013.

When Sunday, 3 March 2013

Time 7:30 AM site briefing (for the early birds)
10:00 AM site briefing

Where Meet at the HQPlantations office on Red Road, Beerburrum
Signs will then direct volunteers to the oval
What to bring
Bring along your gloves, water sunscreen and a hat
Refreshments Refreshments will be provided
Volunteers can sign up by registering at:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Beerburrum+Forest">http://www.cleanupaustraliaday.org.au/Beerburrum+Forest</a><!-- m -->

We would be very grateful for any help that you can give us to spread the word and get as many volunteers along as possible on the day. Your support will help make the forest more attractive and safer for everyone that uses it.

Help us send a clear message that litter and illegal dumping is not acceptable.

Pre-Clean Up Day Organised Tour

To support the day, and to highlight the problem of illegal dumping and what is currently being done about it, we are also organising a tour of the forest for those that want to know more.

This will be an ideal time to meet representatives of other groups and to contribute your ideas for future ways to reduce litter and illegal dumping in the forest.

The tour is tentatively set down for the morning Monday, 18 February 2013.

Places for the tour are limited so please respond as early as possible.

Marquee on the oval

There is also an opportunity for you to set up a marquee on the oval to promote your groups activities in the forest.

If you have any questions about the day's proceedings, the tour, or setting up a marquee please do not hesitate to contact Mr John Monico on 07 3330 5408 or via email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:john.monico@ehp.qld.gov.au">john.monico@ehp.qld.gov.au</a><!-- e -->.

HQPlantations Pty Ltd and the Litter and Illegal Dumping Unit of the Department of Environment Protection have been working successfully together to reduce the incidents of illegal dumping in the Beerburrum Forest.

This email was sent by John Monico, Sustainability Outcomes, Department of Environment and Heritage Protection (EHP), Queensland Government, 400 George St, Brisbane, QLD 4000 to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:care@4wdqld.com.au">care@4wdqld.com.au</a><!-- e -->
14-02-2013, 07:04 AM,
Re: Clean Up Australia Day - Beerburrum Forest, 3rd of March
Hello Jason

At this stage and time I should be there but things could change

Johnny
14-02-2013, 02:49 PM,
I contacted John Monico today regards the tour on Monday 18 February, he siad that the tour was booked out but due to popular demand they are taking numbers for another tour in the future. If anybody is interested, advise me asap.

He also stated that if you are thinking of attending please register before attending on the Sunday. It's really easy and it's your insurance policy for the day. Please register even if you only think you might come, it dosen't cost anything and will save a heap of time on the day.

He further stated that they hoped that management of HQ Plantations would be there on the day to try and enlightened everybody of where you can and can't go. Further, he believes that we, as members of the public should have access to this area as it is state own land and leased by HQ Plantations to grow pine. Obviously you don't want to go into an area that they are logging at the time.

This would be a good activity for the club to participate in.
20-02-2013, 10:23 AM,
I have just registered and see that not many have yet?
Checked with Narelle and the weekend is clear - work also have me available so I guess there are no excuses left!
Not sure yet if I will be bringing any help - will have to ask around the family to see who I can rope in :-)

I would like to see some more support for the club as this is an area we would like to play in and need to build up a relationship with the management of the areas.
20-02-2013, 11:51 AM,
I too have just registered and while it says the cleanup is from 7.30am to 12 midday. They are hoping for people to assist for 2 hours, and have a 10.00am start time to finish at midday.
28-02-2013, 02:52 AM,
I will have to pull out as I have double booked!
Hope the weekend goes well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  13th Annual Fraser Island Clean Up - Registrations Now Open daggy 4 11,576 09-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Last Post: troopiepete
  moreton island clean up ross and cher 3 10,188 16-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Last Post: ross and cher