Hello first 4wd timer
09-04-2013, 07:04 PM,
Hello first 4wd timer
Hello after many years of thinking about it , I finally brought a 4wd. Jeep cherokee 2008 limited kk auto.
Have not taken it off road yet but would love to soon.
Can't wait to join you all on some of your trips but I think I will need to do the easy ones first.
At the moment my car is stock standard but I do plan on adding bits to it as I get better and better.
09-04-2013, 09:09 PM,
Re: Hello first 4wd timer
Jeep Cherokee

Attached Files
.jpg   jeep.jpg (Size: 75.07 KB / Downloads: 815)
09-04-2013, 09:14 PM,
HE BOUGHT A JEEP.

It's a Jeep thing.

Welcome aboard Robin. From a club side of things we meet 2nd Wednesday of each month at the 4WDQld Association Club House at Murial Ave, Moorooka, next to the skate park. Arrival and pre meeting coffee and bikkies from 7pm and meeting from 7.30pm usually finished by 8.30p and then speak chit until around 10 or sometimes later. There are a few trips coming up, just look in the trip calendar.

As for trips and tracks, just come along, if there is anything to difficult or technical there is always (usually) a chicken track (or a place to spectate from). My (our) motto is to bring the trucks home in the condition that they left in. That said we cater for all experience levels. And a couple of good trips coming up over the next month.
09-04-2013, 10:18 PM,
Hi Robin and welcome the world of 4WD.

Love to see you out on the tracks and to a meeting, our next one is this Wednesday @ 90 Muriel Avenue Moorooka
As Darryl said we tend to travel on the safer side although a few of the members don't mind getting the trucks a little dirty :lol:

See you soon.
10-04-2013, 07:36 AM,
Welcome, there is still plenty to see A.D. while you gain experience and confidence
10-04-2013, 06:41 PM,
Thanks guys, tonight I can't make it, but next month I will.
11-04-2013, 10:35 PM,
Hi Robin.
Hey nice truck......... hope to see you out on one of our trips, they mostly are fairly easy as you want to make them. Don't worry about it, just get in and have a go..... IT'S A JEEP THING.....

Allan
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM,
What type of recovery gear should I have for beach driving, do you recommend max tracks, exhaust jacks, winch, do I need winch bar and would a stock standard jeep have enough clearance for most beach driving, like Morton, Fraser.
12-04-2013, 07:59 PM,
Robin, I personally would have rated recovery points at the front and rear, the rear can be an aftermarket towbar using the hitch pin or go all out and buy one of those inserts with a rated D shackle. Find a reputable brand of front recovery points, don't use the tie down points as they are not rated. Most importantly get a snatch strap and some rated D shackles to attach to the points. Any of the other things you can have and most likely never use, on the sand. The most important thing for effective sand driving is lower your tyre pressures, there is no hard and fast tyre pressure as it will come down to vehicle, weight and style of tyre. Happy tracks.