Saying hello
15-05-2013, 01:26 AM,
Saying hello
Hi all
Previously I was a part of Brisbane 4wd Club where I learned the basics of off road driving but found this big club a bit over whelming. I've always been into off road vehicles so genially I haven't found the learning kerb to be to steep getting into 4wds but ive found it always pays to be not be over confident.

My likes are doing weekends at 4wd parks and scenic day trips on intermediate tracks. I also like doing mods on my truck but hate fixing it (which is what I seem to always be doing! Lol)

My dislikes are all day mud plugging and hard core tracks that wreck my truck. I'm also not really into beech driving but after doing Morton I'm keen to give Fraser a go cause I love inland sand tracks.

Anyway I look forward to meeting you all hopefully on a drive.
Cheers
Andrew
15-05-2013, 01:38 AM,
Re: Saying hello
Ps re dislikes and likes, I've got really mixed feelings about endless corrugated roads cause after doing trips in both the Northern Territory and North Qld I've found generally these nasty roads go to the most remarkable places.
15-05-2013, 02:56 PM,
Welcome to the forum, Andrew, look forward to catching up on the tracks somewhere
15-05-2013, 09:03 PM,
Hi Welcome to the Forum,

Well if you would like to Visit Fraser and can get a few days off at the end of this month and beginning of next there is no better or inexpensive way to visit the place than the Fraser Cleanup weekend 31st May to 3rd of June.
I think we have a few places free due to people pulling out, but places are limited so get in quick..

The Event officially starts first Barge Friday and Last Barge Monday -
Barge Cost is discounted - normally $100 - for this $70 per car return
Camping and Island access - Free!!!
Rubbish pickup, Sunday Morning until we finish..

Some of us are heading to inskip Thursday to be on the Island 1st Barge Friday, after sorting out the main camp a few of us are heading north to the Cape to camp the night.

Please let us know ASAP if you are interested.
* PS you MUST be a financial member - but we can fix that up on the island 8-)

Otherwise
Stay tuned, attend a meeting if you can and join us on a trip - no pressure to join for those ones Wink
17-05-2013, 08:38 PM,
Going to be a big push to get stuff done so ill have a ponder this weekend if I can do it.