Trips needed for the club
19-06-2013, 11:18 AM,
Trips needed for the club
Hi Gang

Looking at our Calendar for the next few months it's quite thin on dates and things to do!
Personally for the end of this month I am out of trips as the Troopy is currently off the road being de-dinged from the Sundown kangaroo tree incident.
But that dose not stop you guys from getting out and having fun..
For that matter there is nothing stopping us from also doing some social events - Dinners out, Activities in the park and things like this..

So please send through your ideas.
19-06-2013, 02:25 PM,
Re: Trips needed for the club
What about a early BBQ at my place then a night trip (about 2/3hrs)on some of the main tracks near my place, not the realy hard stuff (could even camp in the front yard for the night) for one idea.

Or my next break I should be home with the nephew and he could take us out to one of his camping and 4wding area's, I think it's near Taroom dam NSW, Not sure if that's spelt correct.

That date at the way my roster is at the moment would be sat 13/14th July.

If anyone is interested about doing any one of these trips just leave some feed back and we can see what interest we get.

Something to think about.

Steve & Wendy
19-06-2013, 09:02 PM,
Both ideas sound good except for the dates as this is the Enduro weekend - but then again not all of the club is going.
20-06-2013, 06:41 PM,
Peter, we should look at the Kilcoy to Kenilworth trip that was postponed earlier in the year due to bad weather. Sometime late October early November?
22-06-2013, 09:16 PM,
Kilcoy or kenilworth would be good or a BBQ and watch 4wd vids just a suggestion
23-06-2013, 02:58 PM,
Guys we need to put some dates in July, a day trip as this is easier for many people..
We could also put on a weekend camp with a social drive, maybe do a Condomine run or somewhere local,

Landcruser park is also an option for a day or camp trip with the option to do either..

Go through the Dirty weekends books, talk to a mate or just read a Magazine...
But whatever we you do we need to start filling in the calendar.
23-06-2013, 09:23 PM,
Day trip to city view? Any interest?
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM,
Hi, ive been off the scene for a few months, wife now 7 months pregnant. All going well. As such overnight trips are out for me for a while, so I would be really keen to come along on day trips
04-07-2013, 11:56 PM,
GTS Wrote:Hi, ive been off the scene for a few months, wife now 7 months pregnant. All going well. As such overnight trips are out for me for a while, so I would be really keen to come along on day trips

Well Congrats to you both and hope to see you soon.
15-07-2013, 06:30 PM,
That taroom dam trip sounds good steve. city view day trip is good..... we are back from the cape now, so looking forward to some more 4WDing........

remember to lock in the hubs !!!!!!
16-07-2013, 08:42 PM,
suggestion i am keen to do some trips, i like the sound of the Kenilworth trip that was cancelled (dry weather would be good}& i also like Steve's ideas. I like the idea of checking out some local tracks & the taroom dam run.
i have been looking on 4x4 earth & there are several trips on there that could be a definite possibility, i am not sure if these are suitable for this club or if maybe they have already been done?
i am happy to help out with choosing some trips if we can get some idea's up. or maybe Adrian & I could meet up & research some trips?
I am also up for leading some trips if someone has a suggestion but doesn't feel up to leading the trip. as long as i can get a map as i don't have much local knowledge.
the 4wd parks are not my favorite place as i am not really into driving around in circles, however they are a grate opportunity to use the other gear stick & enjoy some nice camping. with all the restrictions in the national parks they are a necessary evil.
landcruiser park would be my preference.
how do we go about getting these ideas onto the Calender?
I think if each member put up one suggestion we would have plenty of options then we could narrow them down & lock in some dates.
Also it would be an advantage to know if most members would prefer day trips or weekends?
lets have some feed back guys its your club after all.
16-07-2013, 09:12 PM,
has anyone done the Bribie run up the inland road & back down the beach?
17-07-2013, 10:19 PM,
have you done the Mt Mee trip through to Woodford , it has a good climb up the "A Break" and some good stop offs at Diana's bath, Somerset lookout, Rocky Water holes etc.
I stayed at Archer camp ground for the night and it was good place
Also the gantry has a great park for a bbq

Also the one I did at Amamoor Park across the mountain top was excellent with plenty of views, climbs. solid bog holes and a steep descent I really enjoyed that one

Have never been to the Bribie Island tour but would like to go for a day trip, you need a permit though
18-07-2013, 02:14 PM,
SPARKY Wrote:has anyone done the Bribie run up the inland road & back down the beach?

Not since Christmas, so don't know how it is at the mo. Heard the beach is battered, and low tide is best, but it is a great spot.
23-07-2013, 09:08 AM,
I'm keen to do city view. Close and convenient one day trip. Not yet a confident leader though.
23-07-2013, 08:14 PM,
Weekends are good for me
26-07-2013, 01:05 PM,
I am keen to get back on the Beach and do some fishing!
Was on Fraser last week and did the run up and down the Cooloolah beach from Rainbow Beach to North Noosa - beach was nice and flat with plenty of sand to do the run at 2 - 3 hrs off high tide, have not worked out the dates yet but will post up when I can do a run - warning it may be mid week :lol:

Oh please don't stop my indecision on dates stop any of you from making a trip up, just set a date and post it up for all to see..
Remember you only need one car to make a trip - two or more just makes it more fun :twisted:
15-09-2013, 05:02 PM,
Someone mentioned a trip to Moreton or Stradbroke at the AGM Big Grin
Have not been on either for some time and certainly not 4wding :cry:
would like to go early next year say at Oz Day wknd or similiar :mrgreen:
What do you think :?: :roll: :lol: :oops:
22-09-2013, 12:36 PM,
Sounds good to me sirlezz
23-09-2013, 02:08 PM,
sirlezz Wrote:Someone mentioned a trip to Moreton or Stradbroke at the AGM Big Grin
Have not been on either for some time and certainly not 4wding :cry:
would like to go early next year say at Oz Day wknd or similiar :mrgreen:
What do you think :?: :roll: :lol: :oops:

Maybe you could do some homework for us as to the costs involved - Ferry over, access fees and camping..
02-10-2013, 09:28 PM,
Thanks for that Pete Wink
just love opening my mouth Confusedhock:
however I will bring the details to the next meeting on costs and itinerary and hand it out
however the ferry trip cost is a big component of the trip so we might discuss that point once done
maybe then we can post it here for comment :roll:

Was also thinking about Freshwater Creek at Cooloola for a long weekend
more relaxed camping fishing and a little bit of 4wding around doing the tourististy things as well as the king bore track
will also discuss at next meeting if allowed :oops:

see you there Les
03-10-2013, 10:14 AM,
Here's one most often overlooked by those of us that live in Brisbane, North stradbroke island. Ferry fees are $130, Beach access permit $38 a year and normal national park camping fees. Choice of back to basic camp sites, Flanders Beach includes toilets and Main Beach (remote), both allow dogs. Fresh water available if you know where to look.
Costs are comparable to anywhere that involves travel. Barge usually runs on an hourly timetable from daylight to after sunset, bookings are preferable. Definitely not Fraser or More tonight but easily accessed.
13-10-2013, 12:29 AM,
Agree with Darryl about Island Trips
Moreton Island is expensive with $230-250 return
this makes a weekend trip somewhat expensive proposition
A week long trip would be better value and you would see everything on the island there is to see

We discussed the Cooloola area and camping at Freshwater Creek campsites, will go looking for the large use area so we can camp and park beside on level ground as many of the gazetted campsites are uneven and stop you from parking next to your tent etc.

Plenty to see, Poverty Point, King Bore Track, Harry's Hut, Leisha Track, double Island point lighthouse, rainbow beach, mudlo rocks, sandblow lookout,Inskip point tin Can Bay dolphins etc.

Noosa Ferry is only $6 and $9 with trailer, it is a better track up the beach than the rough track in from Rainbow Beach

will have more details soon, but thinking about planning for the Australia Day weekend 2014 this will give two full days and a half at the max

More soon Les
13-10-2013, 01:38 PM,
This year I tried to camp on the beach there with Dave Challinor and family,
I managed to camp one night by myself but it was not pleasant with horizontal rain coming in to my awning!
The 2nd day it continued to piss down, Dave and family decided to rent a room at Noosa I decided to try another night on the beach but got turned around by the ranger who was closing the beach... so I went back and spent the night with Dave and family - fortunately they had a spare room.
The next day I went and paid JTS a visit and chewed Jamies ear for a while before heading back to the north shore with Dave and Family to spend the night at Hasbeen (Glenno from Roo systems and Family) - Funny thing is this is what happened last time I tried to spend a few days on that beach with Dave!
The next morning the rain was still falling and it was starting to flood, Hasbeen in his 200 took us at lightening speed back to the unit at Noosa, it was the fastest trip I have ever had as Glenno was racing against time to return to the North Shore as the flood water was soon to shut down the ferry!

So yep I am keen for another go at camping there.. just hope the wild weather gives us a miss this time!
15-10-2013, 08:53 PM,
I propose a weekend of camping on Bribie Island. Not that easy though. How about Ocean Beach near the forts on Bribie as the destination. The journey however would be through Mt Mee and the State Forest that we can legally access around Donnybrook and depending on tides either a run up the beach or the inland track. A night of camping, the following day a look over the fort complex and head for home. Extra costs for this would be a beach permit. If I can get a least another person interested I'll make some further inquiries as to the tour. Looking early next year for this one.
16-10-2013, 07:32 PM,
we are in. i have been wanting to do this trip for a long time & the trip through the mt mee area is the icing on the cake.
16-10-2013, 08:23 PM,
I will get onto the planning and look for a date either in January or February.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2015 club trips in planning sirlezz 6 25,005 14-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Last Post: sirlezz
  2015 Moreton Districts Off Road Club tagalong tour in planning sirlezz 1 7,499 22-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Last Post: sirlezz
  CLUB CAMPING TRIP 15 TH-17TH AUGUST Joe b 5 17,945 20-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Joe b
  upcoming club trips for 2014/2015 sirlezz 1 8,894 20-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Joe b
  rivercity 4wd club membership drive weekend hekarewe 43 109,477 20-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ross and cher
  Future Trips - ideas needed troopiepete 10 26,730 14-11-2012, 09:44 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  Future Club Trip in the planning troopiepete 8 23,402 10-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Last Post: ross and cher
  Trips sugestions thread - put your requests in here.. troopiepete 11 28,115 14-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Last Post: johnnyn
  Club trip - 11th Feb 2012 troopiepete 15 38,599 09-02-2012, 11:14 PM
  Trips and Training stockhorse 12 28,666 09-12-2011, 09:07 AM