New Memeber Has 1998 Lada Niva 1.7i to Dispose Of
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM,
New Memeber Has 1998 Lada Niva 1.7i to Dispose Of
Hello

I have a 1998 Lada Niva 1.7i to dispose of. While it has less than 40,000 KM on the clock it has a few problems and I would rather it go to an enthusiast than try to trade it in. It seems that if I take it in for attention the problem would not be solved or I would come away with at least one new problem.

Due to ill health maintenance has not been the best for the last few years. Cosmetically it needs work.

It has a nudge bar/side bars/back step set.

KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH LADA NIVA 1998 1.7i 343 FKN

1. When decelerating the is sometimes a whirring/droning noise from under the bonnet often preceded by a click. The problem is worse in cooller weather and the greater the deceleration (and it seems worse on a downward slope). On one occasion the noise would not stop until I disconnected the battery - I had it towed to the workshop but the movement apparently shook the problem 7. Driver's side window winder knob needs replacing.

8. NEEDS CHANGE OF ENGINE OIL SOONEST.
loose so it could not be demonstrated. The ignition swithch was replaced but did not fix it. Often the battery will be flattened after a few days.

I suspect that the starter winding is being partly energised by something like a sloppy armature or contact in the starter relay. Or perhaps it is the starter/alternator itself. (I'd hate to think a partial short circuit in the wiring).

2. Quater glass latch fell of and resists all attempts to permananntly re-affix.

3. Broken lever in heater/cooler unit (already replaced once).

4. Parked on a slope with the fuel cap on the downside - half a tank of petrol leaked onto grass AND INTERNALLY. Cap was on OK.

5. Incorrect dash light when reverse engaged.

6. 12V (cigarette lighter) outlet needs attention.

7. Driver's side window winder knob needs replacing.

8. NEEDS CHANGE OF ENGINE OIL SOONEST

9. Don't seem to be able to screw in bar that holds spare tyre under bonnet (rubber straps also perished)

$400 ONO and I keep rego plates. First in best dressed. Will drive to you in Brisbane area (or near) with public transport close by.

Regards

Ian Johnson
ACACIA RIDGE
ianjohnno2(AT)bigpond.com
0428 710 427