Politics who needs them... we do!
08-08-2013, 12:29 AM,

Well I have done it!
I joined a political party :oops:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.orp.org.au/">http://www.orp.org.au/</a><!-- m -->

Partly because Roothy is involved but it's also a refreshing change to the political view so maybe even if only a fraction of what they wish to change happens thing should improve for us all - not just us 4WD People!

Roothy has been trying to work for us all at opening up parks and alike but has been hitting political and legal walls - he wanted to repeat the protest at stockton beach but was being hit with demands by councils, the police and many other areas with threats to end it before it starts!
Seems the officials to be don't want us to protest against actions they take!

So the answer was to form a not for profit company or as he has done taken the line that if you can't beat them join them!

Except for the election I am not sure what happens next so stay tuned but I DO intend on getting involved!
13-08-2013, 10:58 PM,
Re: Politics who needs them... we do!
Well this should be a bit of fun :lol:
Looked up the site and decided to join myself :o
Looking forward to the public awareness we can raise for our great outdoors Wink
Maybe even embarass :oops: some pollies into changing laws on access

Forever the optomist :mrgreen:
but nothing gained by moaning except an unwelcome noise

Come and join if you want to make a difference
14-08-2013, 01:09 AM,
Can't agree more mate,

I never thought of joining a political party but to help our cause I guess it's the next step as yelling from the tree tops seems to be too risky these days - LOL
The paperwork alone on the tree climbing, then the insurances, permit costs and Risk assessments make actual protesting a thing of the past!
So the obvious thing to do is as the hippy greens did - form a political party (or join one) and make changes by stealth and within!

It will be interesting to see how this part goes!
15-08-2013, 03:38 PM,
I have done what u did Pete joined a political party The ORP it's the only way to ensure our wrights are protected