Condomine Gorge run
28-08-2013, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 08:45 PM by troopiepete.)
Condomine Gorge run
for those interested there will be a weekend trip up the Condomine gorge on the weekend of the 14-15 September 2013

Meeting point will be opposite McDonald in Beaudesert @ 0830 for a 0900 departure

Trip leader will be Adrian
Contact # 0411966822 we will be camping out over night at a place called camp lake fire down near the border I will add information on the camp grounds and costs shortly

for those interested in going please contact me either via forum or by my phone i do need to know who to except as i don't want to leave anyone behind this is an easy run and very scenic there is catch and release fishing in the lake at the camp site hope see you all there.

http://www.camplakefire.com.au

check out the web site this is where we will be staying the sooner i know numbers the sooner i can book and reserve premo camp sites at the lakes edge
28-08-2013, 08:38 PM,
Re: Condomine Gorge run
This is also the weekend of the beginning of the Currawinya National Park trip.
28-08-2013, 08:57 PM,
daggy Wrote:This is also the weekend of the beginning of the Currawinya National Park trip.

yes it is but not everyone is going so i thought i would do something for those staying home
28-08-2013, 10:43 PM,
Hi Adrian,

Good to see you have things happening..
Yes we will be on the trip but as said not everyone will be going on our big trip so here's hoping you will get good weather an a few takers.
29-08-2013, 08:19 AM,
Hello Adrian

What a kind jesture for those non western goers

The condamine gorge is down killarney way and I have heard that there is a number of now closed roads
The local council are finally doing repair work

It maybe wise to do some looking into

Johnny
29-08-2013, 01:57 PM,
I am keen will check with swmbo. there is a thread on 4 x4 earth, from memory now rated as very easy as mostly graded and repaired
30-08-2013, 01:49 PM,
My bad, sons footy grand final weekend, so won't be able to go anywhere:-$
30-08-2013, 03:33 PM,
Adrian i was out this way last weekend . the Condamine river road is no problems 2wd all the way. as we all know the head road is closed & will be for a wile. Also spring creek road (the one that goes past queen Mary falls) is closed near the beginning of the Condamine river road ( not Killany end). if you drive the Condamine river road to Killany you cannot come back via queen Mary falls.you may be better off doing the run from Killarny through the comdamine river road out though white swamp then back to lake campfire.
30-08-2013, 03:37 PM,
Hi Adrian, We should be right for this weekend...... will see you at the meeting.
30-08-2013, 05:13 PM,
SPARKY Wrote:Adrian i was out this way last weekend . the Condamine river road is no problems 2wd all the way. as we all know the head road is closed & will be for a wile. Also spring creek road (the one that goes past queen Mary falls) is closed near the beginning of the Condamine river road ( not Killany end). if you drive the Condamine river road to Killany you cannot come back via queen Mary falls.you may be better off doing the run from Killarny through the comdamine river road out though white swamp then back to lake campfire.

looks like i will be studying some maps for this one will have to sit down with you and see where these roads are.
05-09-2013, 09:07 PM,
Hi Adrian, Wendy and I will be coming along and I could have one other car. I have put a new winch on and hope we can find somewhere to test it, there might be a side track hiding somewhere. We are looking forward to a trip in the Troopy as Wendy and I haven't been in the bush for a while.

Steve & Wendy
08-09-2013, 10:47 AM,
I would love to come too
I am picking up a cub camper this week Big Grin and would love to try it out, but will wait and see if it is ready for the trip once i get it home :?: :roll:
will make up my mind by the Annual General Wed night
09-09-2013, 10:54 PM,
Cool see you there Smile
12-09-2013, 11:33 AM,
Can't go we are down to one car at moment
13-09-2013, 11:43 AM,
Sorry guys, the Ping and I can't make it this weekend.......... was looking forward to camping out.
13-09-2013, 12:30 PM,
sorry guys we are out for this one also. maybe next time.
13-09-2013, 06:30 PM,
OK the trip is still on and i will be there in the morning looking forward to seeing you all there

sorry to see a few of you had to drop out and you will be missed on this one but there is always next time
13-09-2013, 07:42 PM,
Wendy and I will be there and my mate Kurt and his family in a dark blue duel cab luks. Looking forward to getting out in the troopy for some camping and a trip around.

See who every turns up in the morning.

Steve & Wendy
24-09-2013, 08:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 08:54 PM by troopiepete.)
Some pics from the trip. We only had 3 cars turn up but had a great time and great weather.

Steve & Wendy

25-09-2013, 09:31 PM,
nice pics mate well done