Co-driver wanted
23-09-2013, 01:49 PM,
Co-driver wanted
My name is Ellie. I have a 2008 Nissan Patrol wagon, 3 litre diesel, automatic, set up for camping and off-road (but no winch). I am looking for a co-driver for camping / 4WDing weekends, and possibly longer trips. Companionship only required. I find that driving all day is too tiring for me, so I need to share the driving with someone. I have not been off-road since 2009 (tag-along across the Simpson) and I miss the bush, the peace and quiet, the Australian landscape. I have had 4WD driver training, I can cook, I am 52, fit, active and in perfect health. I don't drink alcohol or smoke. I am willing to pay for fuel, provide food, pay park fees etc. If you know of someone who might be interested in being my co-driver, I would be glad to hear from them.
23-09-2013, 11:39 PM,
Re: Co-driver wanted
Hi Ellie

Welcome to the Forum.
Sounds like a fun way to share travel around Australia there is one or two in our group that may fit the profile but I guess it's best for them to come forward if they wish :oops:
Good luck on you travel plans, I too want to travel much of this country but both Narelle and I are currently tied up with work commitments but as we can we get out for the odd weekend or month long trips..
If you want to meet the group you are welcome to attend a trip or two and our meetings, just let us know if you need more information.
29-09-2013, 05:14 PM,
Re: Co-driver wanted
If you want a co-driver for anywhere in particular, especially around next summer/autumn time of year, i would be glad to help.
My bush driving skills are very rusty, i haven't been off road since my army days back in the 70s.
I'm not fit however, but trying to get there, never been a smoker but i do like an occasional drink. 58 years old.
When i bought my Mitsubishi Challenger a few months ago, i also bought an astronomical telescope. I am looking to do some star gazing away from the city.
Plus i'm also thinking of getting a metal detector to go relic hunting around old homesteads and towns out bush.

If you go to any of the membership gatherings you may see me there..i'm the big bloke who looks like Santa Claus, whiskers/hair and belly .

John