hello
29-09-2013, 05:03 PM,
hello
hi all,

my name is john, i own a 1999 misubishi challenger 4by.

looking forward to meeting some of you for trips and or outings.

i don't have any mods on my 4by yet..but i'm hoping that some of you members will be able to point me in the right direction.

i have an astronomical telescope, and i'm looking at buying a metal detector so i can go star gazing and look for relics.
01-10-2013, 08:09 PM,
Re: hello
Hi John

Welcome to the Forum,
Look forward to meeting you on a trip or at a meeting.
Sounds like you are on a good start equipment wise, as to mods on the car it all depends on just how crazy you wish to go.
The Basics for all trips is a working UHF CB Radio, A Snatch strap and 2 x Rated D shackles and recovery points front and rear of you car.
Other things that are a must is plenty of water and food for a good day or two and a basic first aid kit.

Some of the gang are heading to Janowen Hills this weekend for a camp and celebration of our trip coordinators 50th, you are more than welcome to join just for a day or camp over for the weekend, just let the guys know you are going.
02-10-2013, 06:51 PM,
thank you pete,

love to come for the run on the weekend..it's my 59th birthday on saturday 5 october.
but i reckon the funds won't stretch to it..
have a great weekend, and i'll look into the things you mentioned when i can,

don't htink i'll be able to make the next club meeting but hoping to be able the 1 after next.
see you there, i hope.

john
02-10-2013, 09:08 PM,
Hi John
I certainly hope that you will have a great time in the club and doing what you want to Big Grin
I see by your reply to the co driver that you must have plenty of work at xmas time :lol:
I am new myself to the club but not to 4wding
so don't be shy come up and say hello
cause I might learn something :mrgreen:
see you at our meetings

Les
03-10-2013, 01:41 PM,
thank you,

i'm hoping to make a few meetings before xmas. so ihope to meet a lot of members by then.
as for lots of work at xmas in my Santa guise...not as much as you would think, haha.

john