Saying hi!
09-01-2014, 11:03 AM,
Saying hi!
Hi all and Happy New Year!

My wife has just finished Uni (midlife career change) so we are keen to get back out on the tracks offroading, camping and bushwalking this year. I've noted your next meeting date so will try to get along to meet in person.

I wish I could get away for your Cape trip this year. My wife and I did it on our own a few years ago and loved it. I'm very envious. We didn't allow enough time (three weeks) so didn't get to do/see everything we wanted to, so it's "on the list" to get back and redo one day.

Regards
Shane and Veronica
09-01-2014, 08:26 PM,
Re: Saying hi!
Welcome to the Forum, and glad to see you both are eager to get out and about
we have lots of trips planned for this year, so a short weekend one might suit you better
you are most welcome to drop into one of our meetings you will find them very informal and full of banter about tracks, trips and tips etc.
So hope to see you at the meetings or out on the tracks
10-01-2014, 08:52 AM,
Welcome Shane and Veronica to the Forum,

I have been told that even 4 weeks is not enough for the cape, but I guess this years trip will give us an idea of just what there is up there and possibly what places we need to spend more time on next time :lol:

You are welcome to join us on trips prior to the meeting if you want - next trip is over the Australia Day weekend - for some of us who are shift workers it will be almost a week long camp - really looking forward to it Wink

Also some of us will sometimes post up short notice trips as sometimes you just have to say bugger all the work I have at home - I just need to go to the Bush or the Beach for the day or even overnight Big Grin
20-01-2014, 10:43 AM,
Thanks guys, hope to catch up soon.
20-01-2014, 08:46 PM,
Trollin Wrote:Thanks guys, hope to catch up soon.

What are you doing over the coming weekend?
As of Wednesday there will be a few of us camping on the Cooloola Beach - welcome to drop in and say hi or even to stay a day or five :lol:
21-01-2014, 07:29 PM,
Hi Shane
I have been using that quote all week and think I have worn it out
but it was fun as it brought a smile to the many
hope to catch up with you guys soon

Les