Fun about QLD
31-03-2014, 09:07 PM,
Fun about QLD
Hi to all on the group.

I've just joined the group on -line and popping to say Hi.

When I joined, I decided to actually use my Ham Radio call sign as a user name for the reason
of simplicity and laziness, you choose.
I've purchased my 1st 4x4 in 2012, and have taken it some spectacular places like Cania Dam and Cania Gorge, Mt Moffat,
Nuga Nuga, Carnarvon Gorge, Camboyia Gorge etc and although nothing to rave about, it got us there and back.
Nissan 1997 Terrano 2 Diesel, 2.7L TDI, with a few simple mods that I've had done or done myself. Bought an Off Road Camper Trailer and just recently sold, and now upgraded to a Club Drifta 1980's model ( off road), to continue with my wife and my outdoor adventures, ( light weight, easy to tow)
My Ham Radio License grants myself the ability to communicate on a variety of frequencies , ( which ever is usable at the time) for free, to relay messages to the intented audiences.
have a good evening

Bruce
31-03-2014, 10:03 PM,
Re: Fun about QLD
Hi Bruce & Wife

Welcome to our little group.
Any 4WD weather it be a beast of a soft roader is only as good as how you make use of it, sound like you are defiantly making use of yours to see Australia.

You have joined a good group for both 4WD trips and Amateur Radio, it would be good to see even more as I see many benefits for both hobbies.
While traveling do you get on the VK Travel net ?

If you wish to join us on a trip just keep an eye on the forum as all of our trips are both advertised and created on this medium..

Regards
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
River City 4WD Club - President
31-03-2014, 10:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 17-08-2014, 08:56 PM by troopiepete.)
Oh BTW

If you are interested in combining both 4WD and Amateur Radio and don't mind manning a checkpoint taking numbers then this may be of interest to you.
http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net/showthread.php?tid=433
01-04-2014, 03:48 AM,
TroopiePete Wrote:Oh BTW

If you are interested in combining both 4WD and Amateur Radio and don't mind manning a checkpoint taking numbers then this may be of interest to you.
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=527">viewtopic.php?f=31&t=527</a><!-- l -->

Unfortunately, due to work commitments, sorry, I'll have to decline.
01-04-2014, 04:03 AM,
TroopiePete Wrote:Hi Bruce & Wife

Welcome to our little group.
Any 4WD weather it be a beast of a soft roader is only as good as how you make use of it, sound like you are defiantly making use of yours to see Australia.

You have joined a good group for both 4WD trips and Amateur Radio, it would be good to see even more as I see many benefits for both hobbies.
While traveling do you get on the VK Travel net ?

If you wish to join us on a trip just keep an eye on the forum as all of our trips are both advertised and created on this medium..

Regards
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
River City 4WD Club - President

Thanks for the welcome.
Vehicle certainly isn't a soft roader, but certainly packs a few surprises.
01-04-2014, 08:26 AM,
LOL

Just noticed my error

The line that said...
Any 4WD weather it be a beast of a soft roader is only as good as how you make use of it, sound like you are defiantly making use of yours to see Australia

Was meant to say
Any 4WD weather it be a beast OR a soft roader is only as good as how you make use of it, sounds like you are defiantly making use of yours to see Australia

Look forward to caching up with you guys one day soon,
No Problem on not being able to assist with the ride, if I did not ask I would never know 8-)

Several of our group are shift workers so you will see some trips planned on normal working days and often with very short notice, if you see something you would like to join you are more than welcome to attend - the club rules allow Guests to attend two outings before we ask you to become a financial member if you wish to keep attending them.

Narelle and I often head off to Bribie Island for an over night stay with the intention of doing a little fishing - fish feeding seems to be the norm..
Sometimes we advertise this on the forum inviting others to join us, likewise the club sometimes heads up to places like Sundown NP for a long weekend to do a little track Maintenance or just a relaxing trip around the park traveling on many of the minor tracks that are no longer on the official maps.
01-04-2014, 09:45 AM,
TroopiePete Wrote:LOL

Just noticed my error

The line that said...
Any 4WD weather it be a beast of a soft roader is only as good as how you make use of it, sound like you are defiantly making use of yours to see Australia

Was meant to say
Any 4WD weather it be a beast OR a soft roader is only as good as how you make use of it, sounds like you are defiantly making use of yours to see Australia

Look forward to caching up with you guys one day soon,
No Problem on not being able to assist with the ride, if I did not ask I would never know 8-)

Several of our group are shift workers so you will see some trips planned on normal working days and often with very short notice, if you see something you would like to join you are more than welcome to attend - the club rules allow Guests to attend two outings before we ask you to become a financial member if you wish to keep attending them.

Narelle and I often head off to Bribie Island for an over night stay with the intention of doing a little fishing - fish feeding seems to be the norm..
Sometimes we advertise this on the forum inviting others to join us, likewise the club sometimes heads up to places like Sundown NP for a long weekend to do a little track Maintenance or just a relaxing trip around the park traveling on many of the minor tracks that are no longer on the official maps.

Yep not a problem.
Normal my wife and I leave after I finish work on a Saturday afternoon, do the quick pack and run 1.5 - 2 hrs, then setup.
Gets a bit hard at times, working 12 hrs, then drive home, pack and run, then setup.
I work Wednesdays to Saturdays, AM shift, done my 20 old years on PM shift, whereas the wife works Monday - Friday
so Sundays is mostly dedicated.
My whole intention from start, was to buy a 4x4 was to get a cheap knock around 4by to build experience, then after a couple of years, upgrade to a big beast. So far the cart ( pop up) has come first.
My most enjoyable was to chase a Toyota Landcruiser early 90's model up Duck Creek. My experience driving all types of trucks on various surfaces maybe and advantage.