Hello!
12-04-2014, 07:14 PM,
Hello!
My name is George and Partner Janelle have just "upgraded" our 98 Hilux I a 2h 60 series. We're looking to get out and about and enjoying the fact that the cruiser, although almost 30, is a comfortable and spacious tourer for us and our family.
13-04-2014, 03:46 PM,
Re: Hello!
Wolfieman81 Wrote:My name is George and Partner Janelle have just "upgraded" our 98 Hilux I a 2h 60 series. We're looking to get out and about and enjoying the fact that the cruiser, although almost 30, is a comfortable and spacious tourer for us and our family.

Hi George and Janelle,

Welcome to our little group.
The 60 series seems to be quite popular amongst many, nice simple yet very capable vehicle, with heaps of potential, be cautious of rust in the roof and other common areas but otherwise a nice rig.

Keep an eye on the Forums trips calendar, I am trying to keep it as up to date as possible <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=425">viewtopic.php?f=34&t=425</a><!-- l -->
If you see a trip you would like to attend you are more than welcome to providing you meet the basic requirements of basic recovery gear, recover points and a working UHF Radio in the car or Handheld, the recovery gear is as simple as a snatch strap and Rated D shackles.

Under the Clubs rules you are permitted to attend two outings before becoming a financial member, this works well for both yourselves and the club as we all get to meet and know each other, you also are welcome to attend out meetings - dates for these and the location are also listed on the trip planner.

Look forward to catching up soon.
13-04-2014, 08:09 PM,
Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the welcome. We will pop to a meeting soon. I believe there is one this Wednesday in Moorooka.

All rust is in hand :-)
13-04-2014, 09:04 PM,
Wolfieman81 Wrote:Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the welcome. We will pop to a meeting soon. I believe there is one this Wednesday in Moorooka.

All rust is in hand :-)

Hi again,

No the Meeting was last week, it's usually on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, next will be on the 14th of May, see you there..
05-06-2014, 09:28 PM,
RE: Hello!
Was a pleasure to meet you at the Fraser Clean up weekend
I hope you had a good time out and enjoyed getting stuck into the rubbish collecting Blush
Me I got a little burnt but enjoyed the fun Blush
My torn ankle ligament held up just ok and the physio was not too punishing the next week

hope to see you soon at our next meeting Shy

Les
05-06-2014, 11:12 PM,
RE: Hello!
I hope you enjoyed Fraser, it's one of my favorite places on this earth Cool
Fraser is a good introduction to members, have to try and get your family along to an outing soon, young I know but there are others in the group so you are in good company.. what I have found is when wives are attending trips and let us know other wives and young children also seem to follow.

If you can handle the cold a good camp is Janowen Hills, think we need to head up there soon Tongue
10-06-2014, 05:39 PM,
Hello!
Thanks Lezzz and Pete. I had a great time. Spent 4 hours cleaning the 60 afterwards but well worth the effort. Libby is probably 6
Months away from getting out and about (she's only 4
Months old) but then she'll be up for anything. Janelle loves getting outdoors also so log as she's got a warm jumper. Any suggestions on trips are welcome. Lezzz you have persuaded me to invest in a tent which doesn't take 3 hours to put up. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk