Fraser Island Campground Hosting positions available
17-03-2015, 03:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 29-11-2016, 10:05 PM by troopiepete.)
Just received this email,
Not sure on all the details - if you are interested I suggest you give them a call..

Good Afternoon

ECOllaboration is a not for profit community organisation based in Nambour. We are currently co-ordinating Campground Hosts for Fraser Island. We would appreciate if you would consider circulating the following information to your members and networks.

Kind Regards
Janine Bedros

There are campground host positions available on Fraser Island this school holidays.

Campground Hosts assist the Park Rangers and act as ambassadors for the park. The duties are simple and leave you with time during the day to enjoy the island. You require two adults, a 4WD, a self-sufficient camping set up, and one first aid certificate between you. Your barge pass and vehicle permit are provided.

There are positions available for school holidays, long weekends, and most dates in between.

For more information contact ECOllaboration on (07) 4576-4777 or info@ecollaboration.org.au

Janine Bedros
Community Engagement Officer
ECOllaboration
Donaldson Rd, (Behind Uniting Church)
PO Box 311 Nambour Qld 4560
http://www.ECOllaboration.org.au
17-03-2015, 08:30 PM,
RE: Fraser Island Campground Hosting positions available
Here is a little from their website;

"The Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing is seeking volunteers to work as camping area hosts at Central Station, Dundubara and Waddy Point camping areas on Fraser Island, Great Sandy National Park. Volunteers camp for free and receive vehicle access permit exemptions in return for maintaining the camping area facilities. Volunteers are required to work a minimum 2 hours per day, 7 days a week for blocks of a minimum of 5 days during the 2014-2015 school holiday periods. Applicants will need to be self-sufficient and equipped to camp in all weather conditions."

Sounds like you may get to clean the toilets and showers for the princely sum of about $11 a day.
17-03-2015, 10:55 PM,
(17-03-2015, 08:30 PM)daggy Wrote: Here is a little from their website;
Sounds like you may get to clean the toilets and showers for the princely sum of about $11 a day.

LOL anything to get out of paying Rangers to do these duties!
Personally I would be more interested in looking after the Lighthouse..
But I believe there is a long waiting list for this Cool
23-03-2015, 04:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 23-03-2015, 04:57 PM by sirlezz.)
OK Thrill seekers I have some more details about the Hosting positions TroopiePete has mentioned Cool

and you do not have to clean toilets, they have contractors for that so there

I contacted Ecollaboration directly and I have attached the following documents for you to understand the roles on offer

They are looking for two adults over the coming holiday periods for a minimum of 5 days and they will cover your barge and camping costs while still giving you time to explore the island as well

here is a some information on the roles, but there is a lot more in the attached documents
Campground Hosts:
  • Provide a friendly contact point for both Parks staff and the public at popular campsites.
    Provide orientation to new arrivals and general information on the area and its attractions to campers.
    Providing park information and interpretation to the campground visitors and ensure that the campsite is a safe place for all.
    Alert duty Rangers to disturbances or breaches of park regulations including recording issues and events that may be of significance to QPWS

see
.pdf   Campground Host Volunteer Role Description.pdf (Size: 189.16 KB / Downloads: 327)

Information pack this outlines the general conditions of being a host

.pdf   Campground Host information pack 2014-2015_Fraser Island_FINAL.pdf (Size: 901.83 KB / Downloads: 283)

So if you are interested and want a little difference in your Fraser Island experience please fill in this form and provide it to the email address at the end of the document Rolleyes

.docx   Expression of Interest Participation Form - Update.docx (Size: 47.07 KB / Downloads: 259)
12-05-2015, 04:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 29-11-2016, 10:03 PM by troopiepete.)
Good Afternoon

I previously contacted you about Campground Host positions available on Fraser Island. I would like to update your members that a First Aid Certificate is no longer required. We have positions available for the June school holidays (June 27 – July 12), and most other dates until then.

I would appreciate your consideration in forwarding this email to your members and networks.

Kind Regards
Janine

There are campground host positions available on Fraser Island this school holidays.

Campground Hosts assist the Park Rangers and act as ambassadors for the park. The duties are simple and leave you with time during the day to enjoy the island. You require two adults, a 4WD, and a self-sufficient camping set up. Your barge pass and vehicle permit are supplied.

There are positions available for school holidays, long weekends, and most dates in between.

For more information contact ECOllaboration on (07) 4576-4777 or info@ecollaboration.org.au

Janine Bedros
Community Engagement Officer
ECOllaboration
Donaldson Rd, (Behind Uniting Church)
PO Box 311 Nambour Qld 4560
http://www.ECOllaboration.org.au

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  June Meeting - On Fraser troopiepete 0 3,627 01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Last Post: troopiepete