Any Truck drivers here? HR unrestricted?
13-09-2011, 12:45 PM,
Any Truck drivers here? HR unrestricted?
Currently getting my HR unrestricted license

Just wondering if anyone here drives a HR? Need some tipsSmile

Cheers
Matt
14-09-2011, 04:08 PM,
Re: Any Truck drivers here? HR unrestricted?
Its just like a big car Smile

Take it slow and turn wide..... oh and dont forget to cut off about 5 cars in the process Smile
14-09-2011, 05:19 PM,
Not exactly what I was afterSmile I already have those things down to a fine art.

Just need someone who's driven a road ranger gearbox and has some tips.

My instructor is good but from watching other drivers his style is the hardest.. other drivers change slower he seems to want me to pull gears like a racecar driver..

Cheers
matt
07-11-2011, 07:19 PM,
Well I got a driving job.. its actually really fun.

I do hate car drivers who park behind you, when you need to reverse

Funny part is I'm paid per hour so I just turn the truck off and waitTongue today I waited over 1 hour for some lady to reverse out of the drive way so I could reverse back out hahahahaahaha
01-01-2012, 05:41 PM,
Hi Matthew,

I have a HR but never near those boxes much,I used to take home a prime mover with a 15 speed in it but I could drive it in one level bob tail, PDIDDY works for MAJOR truck driving school, you will find him on 4 W D Action.

I am not sure where you are located but he is around Brisvagas.

Regards.

David.
01-01-2012, 06:52 PM,
I'm in ipswich, I"m currently serving my time driving MR's its easy work, and good pay.

In about 8ish months I'll be going to major for my HC license, I'll have to talk to pdiddy Smile

I"m from ipswich, I saw a Major driving place at dinmore, I think they do the HC trucks there too.
26-01-2012, 05:34 PM,
Hi Mlowe,

PDIDDY is with Major and I also found the blokes who work for Mark Manders to be great guys as well.

I used to know all the testing officers very well at Ipswich testing office and the main thing they watch for is clearance on other vehicles, speeding and checking mirrors all the time.

Regards,

David.
27-01-2012, 08:53 PM,
Hey mate

got my licence a long while ago.. been driving for about 4 months now..

Its not too bad, dont mind it actually. Smile

Marks ok shame he doesnt do anything but MR and a crap, i mean CRAP HR hehe... I'm trying to decide do I go back get the HR unrestricted through him or just go HC through major.

Might just stay where I am, its MR only albeit LONG bloody MR trucks, and the works easy, good money for the work also.
31-12-2013, 03:34 PM,
I am an LR truck driver in QLD. I got my LR truck license, QLD with the help of truck driving school where I had learnt truck driving. A good driving school offers the flexibility for professional drivers to select their own vehicle and arrange their own appointment times.