New New New :)
09-06-2016, 09:56 PM,
Hi all!
I'm Shell.. Been searching for a 4wd club to become involved in and came across you guys.. I'm more into experiencing our own back yard rather than extreme off-roading as my 4wd is my daily and my tow vehicle (I'm one of those mad horse owners too )
My partner and I do regular trips to double island as often as we possibly can.
My car.. '07 mighty Trity "big red" [Image: 8060aae6573d66228651dbdf0bc841f9.jpg]
Jumped ship from an 88 patrol ute, to an 06 Nav, to the Trity.
She's not fancy, completely stock but does its job and earns its keep just fine Smile
Partner has an older rodeo ute and is a lot more experienced than I am..
Pretty much looking to meet new friends, tag along on some trips around the place and have a bunch of fun. I'm not an overly experienced 4WDer, got a good hold on the basics but couldn't be keener to learn more!
We're pretty laid back, easy going people Smile
Hopefully that gives you a little insight into who I am and what I'm here for..
Look forward to meeting you all [Image: f4cc22b87c87baa9b9fd60f40bf8a1db.jpg][Image: 6e4ecd861579c326283d3ee7abad1207.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-06-2016, 08:49 AM,
RE: New New New :)
Good Morning and Welcome Shell,

Nice Triton, we have a couple of Mitzi in the club and along with a good mix of other 4wds makes as well.

We are a club of the same interest as you have mentioned with most off our trip are exploring our great National parks and the 4wd parks with in a couple of hours drive away and some other various places of interest. 

Most of our members 4WD are also there daily drives and with a range of various levels of experience there is no pressure on anyone to tackle tracks that they don't feel comfortable with but if you want to try something you will have plenty of support and guidance or the other option is you could jump in one of the other members 4Wd. 

The club meets every second Wednesday of the month at the 4wd Qld hall at 90 Muriel Av, Mooroka.

We have a trip on this weekend out to the Springs 4wd park over the two days with camping over Saturday night  ($65) and a day trip on the 26th June with at lest one trip a month plane.

You are welcome to come along on a couple of trips without becoming a full member to see if our club and activities suits what you are looking for in a 4WD Club.

Looking forward in meeting you on one of our trip in the near future.

10-06-2016, 09:23 PM,
(10-06-2016, 08:49 AM)Weatherman Wrote: Good Morning and Welcome Shell,

Nice Triton, we have a couple of Mitzi in the club and along with a good mix of other 4wds makes as well.

We are a club of the same interest as you have mentioned with most off our trip are exploring our great National parks and the 4wd parks with in a couple of hours drive away and some other various places of interest. 

Most of our members 4WD are also there daily drives and with a range of various levels of experience there is no pressure on anyone to tackle tracks that they don't feel comfortable with but if you want to try something you will have plenty of support and guidance or the other option is you could jump in one of the other members 4Wd. 

The club meets every second Wednesday of the month at the 4wd Qld hall at 90 Muriel Av, Mooroka.

We have a trip on this weekend out to the Springs 4wd park over the two days with camping over Saturday night  ($65) and a day trip on the 26th June with at lest one trip a month plane.

You are welcome to come along on a couple of trips without becoming a full member to see if our club and activities suits what you are looking for in a 4WD Club.

Looking forward in meeting you on one of our trip in the near future.

Thanks so much Smile
After I posted, I wondered if anyone really used forums anymore - Facebook seems to be the go these days.. Is there somewhere I can find a trip calendar or the like? We are both shift workers so us both being available on the same day can prove challenging at times, but we make the best of what we can get.
Thanks again for your reply and I look forward to meeting you all real soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk