Private, non club trips
28-10-2011, 07:50 AM,
Private, non club trips
Hi

As per Petes post re private non-club trips.

Just wondering if there are any members who are shift workers and would be interested in doing some future privately organised mid week one day or overnight trips.

Bearing in mind the club would not be involved with any of these trips & must be planned by those wanting to attend.

If interested give me a call (0429332738) or send me a PM

Mick
28-10-2011, 10:12 PM,
Re: Private, non club trips
onall4 Wrote:Hi

As per Petes post re private non-club trips.

Just wondering if there are any members who are shift workers and would be interested in doing some future privately organised mid week one day or overnight trips.

Bearing in mind the club would not be involved with any of these trips & must be planned by those wanting to attend.

If interested give me a call (0429332738) or send me a PM

Mick

Sounds like a good idea,
I am a rotational shift worker so the days I work change week to week,
As an example this coming week I start on Sunday Morning 6am - 6:15pm then do Mon and Tue the same times... then don't go back to work until the following Monday at 10am till 10:30pm then Tue and Wed for that week... um that also means I will not be able to attend the meeting for November.
16-02-2012, 07:56 AM,
Short notice.

Non-club (private) mid week trip.
I'm doing a day trip up to Teewah/Double Island Point with lunch at Freshwater. If anyones interested in coming along send me PM or 0420332738

When: Thurs 23/02/12
Can meet at the servo (can't remember the name now) at Wildhorse Mountain at 9.30am or meet at Ikea (Springwood) 8am

Mick
17-02-2012, 08:15 AM,
onall4 Wrote:Short notice.

Non-club (private) mid week trip.
I'm doing a day trip up to Teewah/Double Island Point with lunch at Freshwater. If anyones interested in coming along send me PM or 0420332738

When: Thurs 23/02/12
Can meet at the servo (can't remember the name now) at Wildhorse Mountain at 9.30am or meet at Ikea (Springwood) 8am

Mick

A bit more info:
Driving through Cooroy to Tewantin then catching the barge over the Noosa River and onto the Beach around 10.30 - 11 ( couple of hours after high tide for ease of driving) Low tide is around 3pm. Morning tea on the beach somewhere with BYO lunch at Freshwater day use area. Bring your fishing roads if you want.

Hope to be heading home and off the beach by (or before) 5pm. Long day but enjoyable.

Give me a ring if you're interested in coming along. (m: 0420332738)

Mick
17-02-2012, 11:32 PM,
Make sure you get the beach permits on line - cheaper and way easier than waiting in a Queue...

Think I can come will let you know when I can say for sure.
19-02-2012, 04:13 PM,
TroopiePete Wrote:Make sure you get the beach permits on line - cheaper and way easier than waiting in a Queue...

Think I can come will let you know when I can say for sure.

Thanks Pete, forgot to mention that important bit of info. Link to apply on-line below:

https://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/iapark...PE=SERVICE

Click on the Cooloola Recreation Area from the dropdown.
22-02-2012, 07:41 PM,
Bloke from work can't make the day trip now. Let me know Pete if you can make it, if not, I'll postpone to another day soon.

OK just spoke to Pete, the day trips still on. Give me a call if anyone else would like come along at short notice. (m) 0420332738

Mick
22-02-2012, 08:07 PM,
Hi

As per the Phone call - see you at my place - 2 Ridgewood Road Algester @ 8am tomorrow - looking forward to the day!
Forgot to ask, are you taking a rod?

Also have you spoken to Shazz, she made some reference to it on Saturday.
22-02-2012, 09:49 PM,
TroopiePete Wrote:Hi

Forgot to ask, are you taking a rod?

Also have you spoken to Shazz, she made some reference to it on Saturday.

No Rod for me this time Pete, but that doesn't mean you can't. I also sent Shazz a PM telling her I'll be calling into IKEA around 7.15 to get some cash out of the ATM, if she wanted to follow me to your place.

See you in the morning.

P.S.
Follow us tomorrow on 'SPOT'
22-02-2012, 11:29 PM,
Hi Guys

got the PM ... sorry I have to pass. I will take a rain-check though

there was an "isshew" with the air-conditioning in my rig - was leaking. Should be getting it back mid-afternoon.
I wanted it fixed before i head off to Victoria again. [gotta wrap up some more paperwork & stuff regarding Graeme's estate] ... cos I won't be back in Brissie again until somewhere around Easter.

Have fun ... and take care.

No "flying" through any washouts :lol: :oops: :oops:
23-02-2012, 07:20 PM,
No Problem Shazz

We had a good time, except I don't think it ever really stopped raining and wow had they seen some rain!
Many of the flood ways were big wide rivers and so on!
The beach was nice and hard for the most part and neither of us lowered our tyre pressures, partly because we did not need to and partly because we just did not want to get out and get saturated :lol:
23-02-2012, 07:42 PM,
wet n soggy Shazz. Still a good day though.

[Image: item.JPG?rot=1]
Teewah Beach heading north

[Image: item.JPG?rot=0]
Northern side of Double Is Point could'nt see the coloured sands due to the rain.

Freshwater Day Use area.

Track into Freshwater

Noosa River Ferry
23-02-2012, 11:52 PM,
Looks like you guys had the place to yourselves ... not another vehicle in sight except for the ferry :lol:
the coloured sands are awesome aren't they.

Shame about the rain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not a club trip Weatherman 14 34,785 15-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  non club trip to teewah fishing trip hekarewe 0 5,429 11-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Last Post: hekarewe