20201121 Club Xmas weekend, Jimna Base Camp
22-09-2020, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 13-11-2020, 03:42 PM by White Bush Pig.)
20201121 Club Xmas weekend, Jimna Base Camp
Hi Everyone.
The location for this year’s club Christmas gathering is Jimna Base Camp on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd of November (also Friday 20th for those wishing to go earlier).
We have not specified a point for members to meet and convoy out there as we understand that people will be traveling from different directions, however we ask that you try to arrive by approximately 9am.

I emailed Pete at Jimna Base Camp and he replied with the following basic information:

Payment options: Cash or EFTPOS is available.

General camping fees:

Adults:  $12.00 per adult/ per night

Children (up to 12yrs): $7.00 per child / per night

Children (under 3 yrs): Free

Small fire pit: Complimentary (subject to availability).

Extras: 

Large fire pit with firewood  (Club has requested, not yet confirmed)        

$120 for trailer-load (Club has requested, not yet confirmed)

Bags of firewood for small fire pits: $12.00 per large bag.

Party ice – 5kg bag: $5.00 each 

With camping, everyone has access to:

·         A 2-acre, flat level oval with a cricket pitch and small fire pits for use (as there is another group also booked for the weekend, our club has been allocated ½ the oval for camping)

·         Hot showers, flush toilets, paper towels and hand wash in the amenity blocks.

·         Use of undercover area, (beneath the Recreation Building), with power points, tables and chairs, basic camp kitchen, wash-up gear, 2 BBQs, fridges and town water.

·         The multi-purpose court with tennis/basketball gear available.

·          The children's playground and sandpit with toys.

Best regards,

Pete & Marianne

Jimna Base Camp

Mobile:  0417 756 876
Email:    stay@jimnabasecamp.com.au
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jimnabasecamp.com.au

Whilst dogs are allowed and welcomed at Jimna Base camp they need to be well behaved and kept on leash. However as we are planning on exploring some tracks it is likely that we will be entering National park areas and dogs are not allowed, therefore if you wish to bring your furry friend you would need to ensure someone remains behind at camp to look after your pet or make alternative arrangements for them to stay at home.

As usual, the club will be looking to put on a nice dinner on the Saturday night. At our November club meeting a few suggestions were made with regards to food with the general consensus agreeing on the option of dinner at the Kilcoy Exchange Hotel. We have now confirmed a booking for 5.30pm.
We are situated in the beer garden and there is a playground nearby for the children. The beer garden also has braziers if it gets a little cooler.
Club will cover the cost for a main meal only (entrees, drinks or desserts not included) and please keep in mind when ordering from the menu that the club has allowed up to $25.00 per person. (if you wish to order a main meal that is over this amount, we ask that you just cover the difference).

If you want to have a look at the menu click on the link.
https://www.exchangekilcoy.com.au/eat
Kilcoy Exchange Hotel is approximately 34 minutes and 39.9km from Jimna Base Camp.

I am liaising with some personal friends that live in Jimna who have agreed (and have advised they should be available) to lead us out on the Saturday on a guided tour of some of the local 4wd tracks, including the possibility of some tougher tracks for those who want a bit of a challenge.   

This should be a great weekend getaway so will look forward to seeing you all there!
16-11-2020, 06:40 PM,
RE: 20201121 Club Xmas weekend, Jimna Base Camp
I'm in, when is everyone leaving the south side?? 

Happy to headcout early Saturday morning  if anyone else is keen?

Cheers
17-11-2020, 05:27 PM,
Elizabeth and I will be traveling there on the Friday, though unsure as to what time we will be leaving home as yet.
17-11-2020, 06:23 PM,
Susan and I will be going out on Friday after lunchtime c u all there
19-11-2020, 04:15 AM,
Hi

I am rosterd to work Friday Night and finish 3:12am Saturday Morning so Narelle and I will be heading up sometime after Lunch Saturday.
Depending on actual time we will either meet you at the camp or at the dinner location, either way see you there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20200912 Killarny Creek Camp Weatherman 7 1,058 08-09-2020, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Weatherman
  20200814 Sundown NP winter camp White Bush Pig 9 2,125 30-07-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Crocman
  20200321 Nindigully weekend White Bush Pig 5 2,602 29-03-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: troopiepete
  2019 9-10 November XMAS camping weekend sirlezz 12 8,131 13-11-2019, 12:49 AM
Last Post: troopiepete