20220930 4WD Corroboree
13-05-2022, 06:12 PM,
20220930 4WD Corroboree
https://www.corroboree2021.org.au/  to register and check out the weekend

4WD Queensland and the Toyota Landcruiser Club (Qld) would like to welcome all affiliated clubs, members, and club registered visitors to the 2021/2022 4WD Corroboree to be held in the Granite Belt region over the October long weekend.

In the tradition of supporting regional areas, the 2021/2022 Corroboree will be held at the Stanthorpe Showgrounds in the Granite Belt region, just 216km South West of Brisbane.

In this region you’ll find Sundown and Girraween National Parks, Passchendaele State Forest, along with wonderful local produce and wineries. This region has done it tough, suffering fires, severe drought and flooding in successive years – please come down and show your support!

Hi Guys  I was contacted by the Landcruiser club as my name was still on the contact list for RiverCity and i said i would post it up iniitially for our club members this year

These are always fun events and take you through easy to challenging outings  and it makes for a great weekend so check it out Big Grin

CORROBOREE +40 YEAR HISTORY

The 4WD Queensland Corroboree is held annually over a long weekend and is open to all Four Wheel Drive Queensland Association affiliated clubs and their members. It is an opportunity for all member clubs to come together to attend the Association Country meeting with reports on their activities for the year and to discuss relevant issues to all clubs.

The Corroboree is about exchanging ideas as clubs come together to enjoy trips of a regional area, with a mix of easy to medium and hard trips, lasting no longer than 4 to 5 hours at a time. Over the weekend there are many other activities including entertainment, local attractions, raffle draws and more.
16-05-2022, 01:53 PM,
RE: 20220930 4WD Corroboree
Thank you for posting that up Les, appreciated.
09-06-2022, 12:13 PM,
RE: 20220930 4WD Corroboree
The latest news on the event

Hi all TRIP LEADERS for the upcoming 4WD Qld Corroboree Event - 2022 in Stanthorpe!!!

This is the trip we have all been waiting and is coming closer and closer!!  Less than 5 months to go......
as you have seen the registrations are going along nicely - and soon to be closed off once we reach capacity.
the catering, merchandise and raffle tickets are available for purchase now!  and...

don't forget the trips!!

Trips are on track to be fully released by 1st July 2022 - we are just working to get them properly uploaded so that you can book online (thank you to Brent and to Jim for assisting in the background with the corroboree website!!!)
As trip leaders for your individual clubs - we are keen to engage with you so that you can provide the most up to date corroboree information to your club members attending.  We hope that you have been able to view the powerpoint updates we have provided to 4WD Qld (I will add a link here for the latest update)

Corroboree 2021-22 Event Update APR22.pptx

There are still some clubs yet to ensure their club members are registered and to confirm trip leaders for this event - please ensure this information gets out to those attending as we have a fantastic event planned - we would love to ensure each participant has all the information they need to book on trips, to order their catering and to purchase merchandise in time for us to have it at the event for them.
No more delays - we are on track for a fantastic Stanthorpe experience!!

So.... within the next week we will be releasing the 4WD QLD CLUB CHALLENGE ... yes... you've got it.... each club will go in the draw to earn points to become the 4WD QLD CLUB of the CORROBOREE 2022!!  We want your club participants to join in the fun, earn valued club points throughout the corroboree and add up to earn your way to be the club for 2022!!!  (all clubs will be percentage based on their attendance ...so even just one club member attending from a club has an equal opportunity to earn the award!!)

So.... for this week........  could I ask all trip leaders to work on the following please:

1. * review the April update (link above)
  2. * encourage all your club member's attending to order their catering for this event - the sooner this is done the better - it makes for a great weekend with very little cooking or prep work to be done and brings about a very social event with hot meals provided for you!  PLEASE make this a priority - especially the SATURDAY NIGHT event
  3. * the Saturday night is going to be filled with plenty of FUN!  The major raffle draw will be done on Saturday night so we really want everyone up to dinner in the exhibition hall for that night - with meals discounted down to $20 per adult... that is absolutely fantastic.  We made it BYO so that the costs stayed down and for everyone to drink their own choices (remember no glass bottles please!). 
The night is STUDIO CAOS - our platinum sponsors CAOS will help with the proceedings for the night and on each participants table setting FOR THOSE ORDERING SATURDAY NIGHT DINNER, there will be special commemorative corroboree GIFTS for you!!  Those not attending the Saturday dinner will have the opportunity to PURCHASE from "The Hub", our central operations for corroboree so please, spend a little on Saturday night dinner and come out a WINNER!

IF that isn't enough to lure you in to the Saturday night dinner..... well.... best give me a call to discuss!!! But can I just mention, over 400 people attending the corroboree so far - we would LOVE to see as many attending as possible......  the Exhibition Centre can take up to 600 people... let's give it a good go!!  The 70's style clothing is going to make for some fantastic photos with a backdrop of 4WD Qld Corroboree!!!  Corroboree Group photo will be on Saturday night at the STUDIO CAOS!!

I haven't even mentioned the raffles... will save that one... but rest assured ... you definitely have to be in it to win it!!
Now all trip leaders have been sent a onedrive LINK to your very own club participant spreadsheet - this is shared with me directly so that I can see your club member updates as you post them.... please use this to help provide us with information about your club members - particularly their camping requirements so we can make your life easy and make sure you have enough camping space for everyone!!!  Thank you to those clubs who have actively provided this - it really has helped us compare with the corroboree website to be sure everything from 2021 has been accounted for and ready for 2022 Corroboree.

As you all know, we were all disappointed not to have this event in 2021... but we have certainly ensured that we have made this event cost effective for participants and that you will all have a great social, 4WDing and FUN event!! 
It's time we got out on the tracks and share our love and knowledge of 4WDing!!
Should you have any questions or queries  - pleases do not hesitate to email [email protected] and we can assist you.

On behalf of the Toyota Landcruiser Club (Qld) Inc., we look forward to seeing you all in Stanthorpe for the 4WD Qld Corroboree!

kind regards
Julie Bowdery
Event Co-ordinator
2021/22 4WD Qld Corroboree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 Corroboree Warwick Showgrounds sirlezz 1 7,996 14-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Last Post: sirlezz
  2017 31st Sept - 2 Oct Qld Corroboree sirlezz 6 24,529 09-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Last Post: sirlezz
  20160930 4WD Qld Corroboree White Bush Pig 13 55,794 19-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Last Post: Weatherman